iPad Air charge cable

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Mene, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Hi,

My cat chewed my original iPad Air charge cable (luckily I bought a spare a few months ago) but as money is incredibly tight right now I bought a cable from play.com (yes, it said iPad Air compatible)

Anyway it arrived and didn't work so I sent it back, two weeks later and still no new cable or money back, so my question:-

Where is the cheapest place I can buy a cable that is guaranteed to charge my iPad Air? (Normally I'd buy an apple one but cash is very very tight atm so I have to go with the cheapest option)

Thanks

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    The cheapest I've seen that are MFI certified are probably monoprice, looking at a couple reviews they seem fine and at 12 bucks its probably the cheapest you'll find a reliable one.

Heres a link if you're interested

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=112&cp_id=11213&cs_id=1083101&p_id=10374&seq=1&format=2

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

4. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    If it ain't MFI certified it won't work on A7 chip devices. I tried a 3rd party cable in a iPhone 5 and it worked, the same cable didn't work for the iPhone 5s. The cable wasn't certified.

5. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    The cheap ones like at Walgreens may work for a week but then will stop. I learned that the hard way, you're throwing money away with the cheap cables. I buy the ones from Rocketfish at Best Buy. They are much more durable than Apple's cables and there are no compatability issues.

6. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Gotta second Rocketfish cables, they are quite durable, also I think it's not expensive.

7. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I agree with Eli, the Amazon ones are great. I did have to buy a new one recently but it lasted about a year. These cords always break at the end after a while. Someone needs to invent a more durable cord. Apples are the worst, only last a few months for me.

8. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Thanks everyone.