VetaStudio GameDev Tools now compatible iPhone 4!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by AdriVetasoft, Jun 8, 2010.

1. AdriVetasoft

AdriVetasoft Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Game Designer
    Belgium
    #1 AdriVetasoft, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  2. invulse

invulse Well-Known Member

Looks promising, but the information on your site is very sparse. Are you planning on publicly licensing the engine? How much will it cost? Can you post video and/or more screenshots of the wysiwyg editor?

However since working on my current game in Cocos2d I am realizing how important a wysiwyg editor and integrated animation editor is to 2d games, so this engine looks really great.

3. AdriVetasoft

Sep 25, 2009
    Game Designer
    Belgium
    Thanks! For now, our engine is used only internally for our own games. We only offer our services to anyone wishing to develop a game by our company.

We eventually planned to release a licensed version, but not before 2011

4. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

What a tease! This should be under developer services since you're offering to use your own engine... :p

When you begin to license this, let me know, we're always looking to try out new engines

5. AdriVetasoft

Sep 25, 2009
    Game Designer
    Belgium
    of course ! :D

I will post some video and screen in fews days ;)

6. xother

xother Active Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Looks promising indeed, although more information couldn't hurt. AdriVetaSoft, why would I purchase your product (when it's available) instead of the airplay sdk? Just wondering where you want to position yourself in the market. For cross platform development the airplay sdk is the most mature one I've seen so far.

7. AdriVetasoft

Sep 25, 2009
    Game Designer
    Belgium
    VetaStudio is not really an SDK, but a development tool with its own particularity. VetaStudio is an animation editor that can help, as well as create characters through different layers and save lot of graphic memory, manage and dispose in real time on a virtual screen. The great strength is its multitasking development side. You have your virtual screen in a window, you edit your animation to another, the changes are visible in both camp. This allows you to precisely calibrated all the animation.