Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Capone, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Hello,

I'm not familiar with the Japanese language, but I think Capcom has not only announced Phoenix Wright 5 (probably for 3DS, but I don't know for sure), but also Phoenix Wright 123 HD for iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod Touch 3/4 and Pad / iPad 2 with iOS 5.

Source: Famitsu

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Holy shit, yes please.

3. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Yes!! Yes!!! Been waiting for this!!

But it will be Japanese.. :S

4. Nudgenudge

Nudgenudge Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #4 Nudgenudge, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
    Saw that, and I'm happy as possible.

Of course, I hold my breath since Ace Attorney releases in the West are... troubled, but all my favorite spike-haired lawyer games, Universal?

I'd be ready to pay 15 euros for this. Yes, seems like a lot, but it's 3 games! Universal support! AND IT'S PHOENIX WRIGHT!

No objection.

edit: oh, maybe the West release could work, both as regain from the cameo in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (where he KICKS SO MUCH ASS. After Turnabout Mode is on. :D ), and in preparation of Layton vs. Ace Attorney (Ace Attorney never sold much in Europe, but Layton? Holy shit, it sold millions).

Also, the first one was released here on iPhone; since all the translations are done, it shouldn't cost much.

5. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    HOLD IT!

This is the best news I've heard today. :D

6. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
  7. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Which # is the one that's currently on the App Store?

8. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The first one.

9. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    So very, VERY excited if this gets released in English!:):):):):)
    I loved the first game, so much so that I have been tempted to buy a DS just to play the others. More Phoenix Wright on iOS cannot be a bad thing.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    This is all well and good, but first things first:
    CAPCOM, RELEASE GHOST TRICK OUTSIDE OF JAPAN, FOR PETE'S SAKE!

11. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Huh...I didn't realize they had put Ghost Trick on iOS. I don't understand why they wouldn't release these in the US, the translation work is long since done.

12. Synthesyze

Synthesyze Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If it's 3 games in 1 and it cost 20 bucks, people better not complain about the price. You're getting a 30 dollar game for less than a 1/3 of the price.

I've already played all the localized Ace Attorney games, my hope is that Investigations 2 and now AA5 get localized.

13. SupaTeddles

SupaTeddles Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Since they specify that iOS5 is a requirement could we be seeing potential iCloud support to sync game progress accross iPad and iPhone?

Sure hope so.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Me neither. In fact, it just went free in the Japanese App Store, so I was able to download with my JP account, and I can attest that the port is gorgeous. I know that the DS version kind of bombed, but still...

15. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    According to this article, the price of the Japanese version converted to USD will be ~$8 for one and ~$16 for all three. Maybe it'll be an IAP unlock or something. That wouldn't be my preference, but after playing the first one which I really enjoyed, having 1+2+3 in HD sounds awesome.

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    OMGOMGOMG! YES! :eek:

17. Nudgenudge

Nudgenudge Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    It will probably IAP, with the first case of each game as a "demo". The first case always being the tutorial.
    As for the pricing, there goes my "should I take the second one or not?" :D It's the weakest in the series (but pays off plenty story-wise in the third game).

And yes, even if by iOS price rage, it's a lot, compared to used copies of the DS games, it's a steal.
    Dunno about the US market, but used copies of the third one can reach up to 40 euros here!

I'll still keep my DS copies (and my Japanese collector edition of the first game. And my playing cards set. Did I mention I LOVE these games?!), but count me in as day-one purchase.

18. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    That'd be really cool. At this rate, nobody's going to ever need to buy a DS...!

19. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    YEA LISTEN TO SQUAREZERO, HE'S A MOD :mad:

And as for this, best news I've heard all year. I still like Ghost Trick more than the Phoenix Wright series, but PW is also great and I never would've found Ghost Trick without it. Now I just need to wait for the iPod Touch 5G so that I can play this in HD!

20. dssed

dssed Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    I really hope this game is compatible with the ipod 2nd gen...