Games that you're waiting for a Sale for

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by McCurry, Aug 3, 2009.

1. McCurry

McCurry Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Don't know about u guys, but there are enough .99 that make buying a 4.99 game look silly. These are the games I am waiting for a sell on before I jump in

- Sway
    - Galcon
    - Defender Chron
    - Rolando 2
    - Rolando
    - Worms
    - I love Katamari
    -Myst
    - The Quest
    - X2 Soccer
    - Real Racing
    - Finger Beats

2. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    I don't tend to wait for sales, but i Love Katamari is the one I feel like holding off on, but knowing Namco, it'll be that price forever.

3. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I agree you do look "silly" because we already have these topics. Just look for a bit. There was one yesterday only. Also you look "silly" because you are missing out on brilliant games because you cant be bothered to spend a small bit of cash.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Is waiting what potentially could be months to enjoy some of the best games on the App Store seriously worth saving a few dollars? Most of the games on your list have far exceeded my expected entertainment per penny ratio, even at their "premium" price.

5. vicente.ramirezch

vicente.ramirezch Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 8, 2009
    Santiago, Chile.
  6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Oh my goodness, are there like one of these threads every other day jesus. Um have you played games on other platforms before? jesus..in my opinion there are quite a number of games on the idevice that are as fun and entertaining as games on other platforms which range from 5x-50x the cost. So are you really complaining about games that are less than 10 dollars already? How do you expect developers to make money with all the crap they have to put into quality games...with 0.99 cents per download minus the fee apple makes? Please..

7. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Rolando, Rolando 2, Hello Kitty Parachute Paradise (to arrive back & on a sale)

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    You don't need to wait for worms to go on sale.... worth every cent.
    Also their latest update has been submitted a few hours ago which'll better the controls.

9. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Defender Chronicles already had a $.99 sale. :rolleyes:

10. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Yes. It's well worth it. You get more games. Some people have fixed incomes. I set aside $10 per month for iPhone games. So... if we do a little quick math here, that's 9 games per month (damn tax).

11. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    +1
    I've been waiting for a price reduction for a while now. Guess it's time to pay the big bucks for it lol:p

12. Zack101

Zack101 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Sway
    Rolando 2
    /\ /\ rolando 2 way too expensive!

13. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

@ original poster. Many of those you listed will NEVER see a sale or price drop. See below:
    Sway - Illusion Labs doesn't do sales, they stick at their price point forever.
    Rolando 2 - Its only been out a month. Although R1 dropped after that period to $5.99, doubt this will though.
    Rolando - Its been at current price for ages. Doubt they'll drop it anytime soon.
    Worms - Its damn cheap and hasn't been out long. Plus in the UK at least, its still in the top 5 apps, thus why have a sale?
    I love Katamari - Namco doesn't do sales or price drops.
    Myst - Come off it, its a classic, massive game. You really expect them to drop it?
    X2 Soccer - Just wait for FIFA 10 from EA - it'll have full player rosters!
    Real Racing - Doubt they'll drop the price anytime soon. Its still in the top 100 in the UK and probably many other areas too. Besides its the best racer on the store, so just fraking get it!!!

14. iGoofE

iGoofE Member

Mar 2, 2009
    ive been waiting for worms to drop since its release

i am hoping there will be a sale when the new update comes out..
    even if it drops down to $2.99, that would be great. and star hogs is $.99, so the worms devs are going to have to compete with that

15. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    To hell with that. Just as others have said, I got my moneys worth for the games I got. Even at their premium price.

I bought Payback for $7.99 a day before the price dropped to $4.99. Am I mad about it? No. To this day, I still play it A LOT. It was worth it.

I'm not sure about the $.99 games making the $4.99 games look silly. I've never been interested in $.99 games. The only two $.99 games I've ever bought was Bugdom 2 (During the sale) and Minigore. Every other one just doesn't look as fun.