Movies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 17, 2010.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Well, you had unreasonable expectations IMHO if you came in expecting something surpassing The Dark Knight :p

2. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Honestly, the only thing I really wish they had done with Dark Knight Rises was make some reference to the Joker-
    every other major villain that has been in the series got some sort of cameo or reference in it
    . They didn't have to show him at all- just have Batman say something along the lines of "all the prisoners have been freed- what happened to the Joker?" and have Gordon answer with something like "He escaped years ago. Rumor has it his psychiatrist fell in love with him and they ran away together". Not exactly like that, but you get the point.

3. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    #1883 Teh_Ninja, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    I don't plan on seeing this Bourne. They shouldn't have made another one.

4. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    The only movie left to look foward to for me this year is Skyfall.

Also Gangster Squad is apparently getting censored by Warner due to the shootings in Colorodo.

5. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Yeah, they're most likely removing and replacing the scene where a group of gangsters shoot up a movie theater. It's been delayed until 2013 :(.

6. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Took me a while, but I found the original trailer for Gangster Squad (I'm sure most of us have seen it, but for those that haven't).

Here it is...

(I'd watch it soon, it'll get pulled soon)

7. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Cloud Atlas and Life of Pi has me interested... Might check out the Cloud Atlas book.
    007 Skyfall IMAX trailer was amazing.

So many movies left to look forward to: The Hobbit Part 1, Breaking Dawn Part 2, 007, Finding Nemo 3D, Rise of the Guardians...

--
    Box office numbers for The Dark Knight Rises are dropping fast :/ I don't think it will recover well like The Dark Knight. Predicting a $65-$75 million weekend.

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I guess this will be old news for the lot of you, but I saw John Carter on a DVD just now.

Pretty brilliant movie.

9. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, I like this. That would've been pretty cool in the movie.

I read in the news the other day that the Joker is mentioned in the Novelization of the film. They mention something about all the prisoners being moved to Blackgate prison, except the Joker, who stayed in Arkham by himself, or something like that.

10. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    You thought so? I saw it in 3D while it was in theaters and found it to be boring and dull.. Maybe it was the 3D hindering my experience, though.

11. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

"Now that the Dent Act had made it all but impossible for the city's criminals to cop an insanity plea, it (Blackgate Prison) had replaced Arkham Asylum as a preferred location for imprisoning both convicted and suspected felons. The worst of the worst were sent here, except for the Joker, who, rumor had it, was locked away as Arkham's sole remaining inmate. Or perhaps he had escaped. Nobody was really sure. Not even Selina."

Thats the piece from the book.

12. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yup, there ya go. We could always pretend he left with a Ms. Quinzel. Lol.

13. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I loved it too, saw very recently.... I am not sure why it did not work commercially.

14. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I think it had something to do with how much CGI was used.

15. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    With all these good folks saying they loved John Carter... it kinda makes me want to see it again. I think the 3D was so horrible I couldn't enjoy the film. I don't really remember, lol.

16. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    3d is a Gimmick, the only movie I really enjoyed it was in the TinTin adventures, however that unicorn secret was not much of a secret... simply predictable, nevertheless.

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Indeed it is. The 3D in Hugo was good, however.

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It had poor critic reviews at release which, for me, instantly meant I wanted to see it. The thing is, I rented 5 or 6 movies at around the same time as John Carter came out, all very highly-reviewed by critics, and hated every single minute of them all.

I did like John Carter, it's not trying to shove some message down my throat, it's just a good, fun movie. The urge to be different and unique has ruined many films for me.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Exactly!

20. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Another steep drop for The Dark Knight Rises Friday to Friday, $18 million on the way to $60 million. Doesn't seem like it's not going to recover from last week's ordeal :/

Predicting final tally of $420 million, or even with The Hunger Games at $405 million.