Realm of Swords, Turn-based 3D RPG Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Realm_of_Swords, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Realm_of_Swords

Realm_of_Swords New Member

Sep 3, 2012
    #1 Realm_of_Swords, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    Welcome to the official Realm of Swords thread!

It is our pleasure to present you with Realm of Swords, a 3D turn based RPG strategy game for iPhone and iPad, which will be released next month in North America.

===Update 10/26/2012===
    New Version 1.1 Just Released!

We are very excited to announce that a brand new version of Realm of Swords is now live on the App Store in Australia and Canada. With this version you will enjoy a refreshing experience with new battle features, warrior recruitment and training updates, structure upgrades, as well as easier ways to obtain gems and crystals to speed up your gaming process. Furthermore, you can share all the excitement from this game with your friends via our Chatting and Messaging system. Please download from the App Store and let us know your thoughts and suggestions. We always want to include you in our ongoing improvement process.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Realm of Swords (ROS) is completely free to play, yet some items can be purchased with real money. We've made sure our gamers will have an unforgettable gaming experience even if they do not make any in-app purchases. You may find yourself unavoidably addicted to this 3D epic game resonating with luring fantasy and mystery. Give yourself a chance to enjoy beautiful graphics, enchanted music, diverse battle options with fascinating characters, and real time battles against other online players.

Plot
    The King of Stormvoldt has been assassinated and it is up to you and the Royal Guard to uncover the culprit behind the murder. Build up your encampment to strengthen your army and engage in strategic turn based battles to defeat your enemies. Succeed and you just may live long enough to uncover a truth that is more than just eliminating the King.

BUILD YOUR ENCAMPMENT
    - Participate in medieval-style town building simulation! Manage resources wisely to expand your encampment as well as discover, upgrade, and forge new equipment and gems.
    - Build up your encampment by collecting different resources and constructing a variety of buildings.

TRAIN YOUR TROOPS
    - Raise an army of Soldiers, Archers, Scouts, Rogues, Wizards, Clerics, Knights, Lancers, Fighters, and Berserkers.
    - Learn and upgrade skills and techniques for your troops to use in battle.
    - Participate in over 400 events that include campaign missions, side missions, town tasks, achievements, and more!

WIN YOUR BATTLE
    - A large group of enemies for YOU to fight against in many 3D strategic turn based action battles!
    - Engage in various online Player vs. Player battles against players around the world!
    - Explore all kinds of dungeons to defeat evil monsters!
    - Gain loot from victorious battles!

-300 + powerful weapons to buy
    -200 + different tasks
    -200 + goals to complete
    -100 + properties to own
    -100 + areas and dungeons to explore

Visit our official site at: http://www.realmofswords.com/
    Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Realm_Of_Swords or like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/RealmOfSwords2012 to get more info about all our upcoming updates.

Check out more battles below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    It smells really shilly in here...

3. badfenfen

badfenfen New Member

Sep 27, 2012
    It Also Tastes Shilly...

Great game? Is the game already released?

This game has Chinese dumpling sauce all over it...

At least here is a Junior Member saying something potentially negative:

"It looks like it sucks..."

4. sammi

sammi Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Great artwork! Love it

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Telling me, i'm avoiding this one due to the way the dev is acting. Were too many shill posts here, ridiculous

6. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Wow......just....freakin....wow

Beta test open?

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    To the dev, in the first screenshot it should be Warriors not Worriers

8. lalula

lalula New Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I am the one who initiate this thread. Really really sorry for the trouble that we have caused here.

We are a China based team and it is our first time to release a game for the western players.
    We spent days and nights(it is midnight now in China) in this game to test whether our game could live up to the expectation of western players. And we believe we finally made it after checking some competing titles with same genre.
    But to us, we know nothing about how to reach our gamers, some offer to help us buy some users or even level up our AppStore ranking by cheating with faked downloads. Frankly speaking , we did think it over for a long time but rejected these deals, as we think we should win our gamer's hearts by the quality of our game, instead of cheating.
    So you can not imagine how excited we were weeks ago when we knew toucharcade, the best iOS gaming community I have ever seen.
    But after I initiated the thread, we did not receive any response as compared to other threads. So two of our core Devs replied with a simple sentence. But believe me, they commented with firm belief that Realm of swords is a great game and we will devote our passion and time to game developing and bringing happiness to our gamers, as always.
    That is all about the "shilly posts". We didn't read the forum rules carefully and relatively speaking, our English proficiency is far less mature than our gaming development skills.
    But this can not be an excuse to violate the rules(three of us has all been banned now and it is competely understandable). So once again we feel very sorry about this and will obey the rules as illustrated.
    However, our love and passion for mobile game will never die. We will try our best to release quality titles one after another. Hope you can keep an eye on us.

9. lalula

lalula New Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Thanks for your correction.
    We realized this as well this morning China time but I can't make edit as realm-of-swords account was banned.
    The whole episode teaches us we have a long way to go, to go to the western market.
    But we will never ever give up.
    Thanks again for your reply.
    :)

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Despite 3 getting banned ANOTHER one of your colleagues then created an account and posted here.

Its nothing to do with english proficiency, if i had a game and joined a chinese iOS forum i wouldnt spam it with lots of shill posts from friends. People can spot these fake 'this games great' posts a mile away and it does more harm than good.

The game might be good but posting lots of fake reviews from fake accounts is a stupid idea.

11. hfhd574

hfhd574 Active Member

Jun 19, 2012
    I'll buy your game, if u can assure me that none of the money I spend will go to the Chinese government. I consider it too repressive to support - even indirectly.

12. lalula

lalula New Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I have asked the ANOTHER colleague. He just answered to one post about beta test that the game was released in Australia and hopes it will come to other regions soon. We are undergoing a major update based on our Austrlian gamers' feedback.
    If this is considered as shilly post then we will tell Dev to shut up in this thread.

13. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Hi there. Welcome to the forum. It is perfectly fine to post about your game, but keep it to one thread and have developers working on the game identify themselves as devs, then there won't be any confusion.

It looks beautiful. Could you post some video of combat?

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Exactly, i've lifted the ban on luckywarren.

If there are devs here to talk about the game thats great, interesting to hear how they build the games or create the levels etc. Just please make sure no fake 'this game looks great' 1 post shill accounts thats all.

Game looks impressive, you dont need any fake posts at all to promote this as the screenshots (and hopefully the gameplay video) will do that for you

15. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #15 Misguided, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    There's a video on the website that shows off the environments, creatures, and particle effects from attacks, but nothing about how combat is actually structured. The divided combat field reminds me of Enchanted Arms, a vastly underrated console game that had combat with a puzzle-like quality (because of the way elements worked and the fact that different attacks would strike different patterns of squares on the field). I'm holding out hope this may be a bit like that.

Repasted from the other thread (which I didn't know existed)
    YouTube: video
    YouTube: video

In the first video, it is interesting to note that the size and shape of the battlefield isn't always identical. There are clearly attacks that hit multiple enemies, but they don't show any targeting taking place (looks almost like a replay?)

16. luckywarren

luckywarren New Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Shanghai
    The game is none of businiess with Chinese government. we just some game developers:)

17. triptych

triptych Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    The videos look really nice! When do you think this will be released? You should have English speakers beta test so you can fix all the misspellings and potential grammar mistakes.

18. luckywarren

luckywarren New Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Shanghai
    Thank you for your attention to our game:)
    We didn't make the video to show the battle detail yet, because we are trying to improve the battle with more strategy.
    Currently, the battle will be seperated to two parts. One is the player side and the other is the enemy side or the other player side. Each side has 13 grids. Before the battle the player should set his partners to the grids and then begin fighting. The player can control the partners by using their skills or normal attack. Each partner can attack once in each round and changes into cool down.
    We will try to make new video asap to show the battle detail.
    Thanks again

19. luckywarren

luckywarren New Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Shanghai
    Yes indeed, it is a problem that our English isn't native. We are trying to find someone to review the texts.
    We plan to release an update version soon in the middle of Oct in Australia and Canada.
    We are not sure that the players will like our game for now and hope we can improve the game quality before we release worldwidely by getting more feedbacks from the players. Anyway, we will try our best to make an awesome game.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Are you serious? I dont know who your government is but i dont think many of us are ones to talk. You do realise how many items are manufactured in China? It must be very tricky for you to do shopping for a lot of items specially electrical !

Its funny you wouldnt want to buy this game if the chinese government got a big slice of your $2 but you're quite happy using an iphone/ipad where many of the parts are made in China !! Strange !