Need an RPG

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mene, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Hi,

I love the game 9th Dawn. It's a superb game but since the last update the game won't autorotate the screen (it did before) and now I can't play it. I tried posting on the 9th Dawn thread and PMing the dev but no reply.

So.. I'm wondering if there are any games out there like 9th Dawn that I can buy?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    9th Dawn has a pretty wide scope being open-world and having deep RPG mechanics, and i dont think anything on iOS matches what it can offer yet.

Avernum and Avadon may fit the bill though.

As far as deep RPG mechanics go, TWEWY, KOTOR, Baldur's Gate, Shadowrun Returns and XCom may fill that void.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #3 undeadcow, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    The Quest Gold is a first person dungeon crawler (that caters to any rotation) that can't be beat in terms of content and exploration.

Cavern is "sort of" similar to 9th Dawn, Cavern (which is portrait only) emphasizes exploration but has more segmented randomized levels. It uses a continuous tap to move with turn based button combat.

Alien Shooter is a dual stick shooter, like 9th Dawn, that has expansive "dungeon" style laboratory levels to explore, it's frantic but fun.

The original poster might also get a kick out of some action RPGs. I recommend Dragon Knight IV (which has a freemium edition that can be hard), AurumnBlade, Master of Dungeon, CrimsonHeart, Dragon Slayer, or Fantastic Knight. The more recent Hero Siege looks promising but I haven't played it yet. Quadropus Rampage is also good action based fun.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Maybe you mean Hero Siege? Im interested in that too but didnt pull the trigger yet as i just decided to go crazy with my backlog.

Im actually rocking TWEWY right now even though i finished it 99% through on the DS, and even with it's content, i dont think that's even 1% of my backlog. LOL.

5. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ultima IV: C64
    It is free as in beer too, not freemium.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yea, Hero Siege. I acquired the PC edition in a bundle so might check that out sometime. It looks promising. Yes, accursed backlog - why can't life let me prioritize video gaming more?