iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    It's worth the grind to check out the DK but either you do it too early and the game becomes too easy apart from random encounters, or you do it too late, at which point 'Thunder God'.

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Hey if anyone from SE sees this, please consider bringing FFT Advance to iOS. It was my first FF game and I'd love to play it again! I'd definitely pay your high price for that one.

3. brady3superbwl

brady3superbwl Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    As many of you probably realize, final fantasy tactics wotl is on sale for 7.99 right now.
    I was wondering if that makes the game more reasonable price to performance-wise. I've played ff tactics advance, and I loved it.
    I had been wanting to get it but wanted to wait for a sale, so I think I might snag it.

4. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Your question is unnecessarily vague, but I think I get what you're asking. To answer your question, FFT is a bargain at the full $15.99; at $7.99, you shouldn't even be asking if it's a decent value -- just buy it.

5. EnterNexus

EnterNexus Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    I too have played ff tactics advanced and even advanced 2 on the DS. I also bought this onsale, but before this i had the ps1 and psp version.The thing is, this game is great. Like. Super duper great, tactics advance is just a small , slightly broken taste of what the original is like, but if you liked it then you will like this also. One big word of warning is that you shouldn't expect to jump in a play and get everything straight away, the control works but you need to adapt to it, and the mechanic is much deeper then advance and will require you to take your time to learn also.

TL;DR
    If you are willing to invest your time as effort into learning and understanding the game, you will have an amazing time.

ps. if you have a DS, I recommend searching for FF tactics a2, this is the kind of game that will require a lot less effort from you and is still fun..

6. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    I would agree that if you're even considering it, grab it while it's on sale. But I'm also going to add that since advanced was mentioned, your experience may vary.

Honestly, I love FFTA more than FFT. It could be when I originally played each, I don't know. But I know I've replayed FFTA multiple times and enjoyed it greatly. FFT felt like a much more plain experience to me(I played it a couple years later for the first time). I don't mean in content etc, but I guess I just prefer the overall atmosphere of FFTA.

It's certainly great game, though. And I definitely recommend it to fans of the genre. I'm quite certain that a great many have the opposite viewpoint and greatly prefer the original Tactics, so I'm not trying to put it down. Just giving my opinion as someone who played FFTA first.

7. brady3superbwl

brady3superbwl Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    #807 brady3superbwl, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    Thanks for all the answers guys! Sorry for the vagueness of the question(it was 4 am haha. I'm gonna download it right now.
    @enternexus I was actually considering picking that game up soon.

8. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    How does this game run on the iphone5? Hearing a lot of negative reviews on the app store so I just wanted to make sure.

9. FFT will be released on Android, and the iOS version will be getting a new visual update soon. Screenshot courtesy of Famitsu:

[​IMG]

Hopefully iPhone 5 widescreen support is added too.

10. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    No more blurrvision?!? Hooray! I might actually be able to play it after all this time if there are no more associated headaches. :)

11. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Seriously. We never expected them to redraw all of the art assets... Just to upsample them and apply a few sharpening filters.

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    OMG!!! Cannot wait for this.

I actually didn't think it looked all that bad to me before. After they fixed the portraits and made them more sharp, I was quite pleased with it. But now that they're enhancing the rest of the game.... it's gonna be awesome. But I doubt they're gonna make it wide screen, that'd take too much more work on their end.

[​IMG]

^ WOW. I'm speechless.

13. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    Hope they make it widescreen too. It'd make the experience so much more enjoyable! Now I just reeeeeeeeeallly wish for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance + A2 Grimoires Rift.

I would also like to see Tactics Ogre.. Its the best tactics game i've ever played so damn epic!

14. lillumultipass

May 11, 2009
    Hi guys!

quick questions:

1. I have read in some reviews that the iphone version in x2 mode was identical to the iPad version. I have an iPad 3 and an iPHone 5, hence I am wondering whether I should buy the iPhone version. Are they really alike?

2. Any news on the new version with the visual updates?

Thanks!

15. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I love your name! :p

That is all.

16. lillumultipass

May 11, 2009
    lol
    I appreciate, even though I would appreciate an answer even more :)

17. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    1. I bought the iPhone version just put it on my iPad and on 2x it is very playable. I don't have the iPad version to compare it to. If the game does not have iCloud support, then you're going to have to decide what device you are playing this on. Maybe make that your main decision maker.

2. Since I've played this game multiple times on multiple devices' I too would like to know when the update is coming so I can fire it up again.

18. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I own both versions and the only time you would notice your in 2x mode is durin the cutscenes. I would not recommend getting the HD version if you already own the other.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yea I wish someone who keeps up on Japanese articles can find some rumors about the release date. I'm actually holding out on beating the game until the update comes out!

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #820 syntheticvoid, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    I will agree that the iPhone version is playable on the iPad... But the text is a little hard to read. I bought both versions, and once I got the HD build, I deleted the SD from my iPod along with all my data, because I never touched it again after playing the HD version on my iPad...

Then again... I know I'm in the minority of iOS gamers that prefers having both SD and HD builds of games that are not universal, especially if I totally enjoy the games. So...

I'm reinstalling the SD build on my iPhone 5 now... Ill come back and post if its crashing or not for me on iOS. 6.1.2...