iPad Chaos Rings II - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Just took the plunge. Definitely took a hit to my account, ha. Never played this series , but I'm hoping it's worth it.

2. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    hahahah you want me to pay £13 for this? I'm sorry, it looks like its still running on the same engine as CR:Omega.

I know its a fully fledge game and all that jazz, but so was Adventure Bar Story, it came straight from PSP, yet it cost .69p

I think i'd have to wait for a review for £13 to be justified, people just dont have that kind of cash lying around for an iphone game.

3. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Takes up 947 mb of space, fully downloaded.

4. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I was a little put off by the plain fonts used in the game and the poor battle transition animations but it doesn't seem that bad overall I guess. The poor textures are rather obvious on a large iPad screen too.

I am liking the voices of the seiyuus especially that of the main char but it doesn't seem like all the lines are voiced. I will have to invest some more time into this game before I can comment on the plot but it seems alright so far.

5. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    thats how it works when i said based off 2 hours, 5 out of 5 stars from what i played. now that i play more it stills 5 out of 5. thanks.

6. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I just noticed that the original CR has gone on sale for $3.99, and Omega is $4.99! If you're even interested in the slightest, and don't have them, or if you've bought this and don't have the first two, jump on them with the quickness.

7. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    How do the first 2 compare to this one? Also, how is the quality at x2 mode? Trying to decide on if the iPad version is worth it... Really wish it was universal. Dang SE!

8. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #108 violentv, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    Hmm... I can't seem to hear any bgm playing even with the option enabled... Anyone having the same problem?

Edit: Actually I seem to be having the same problem with all my games. The sound effects play fine but the BGM tracks do not. Eg. The music icon for Incoboto seems to be greyed out with no way to turn it on.

Edit: Solved it after closing Line 2 HD.

9. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't played enough of this one to compare with CR and Omega, but suffice to say that I FULLY enjoyed the first two games. Universal builds would have been optimal, but I went with the iPad versions since they are a buck or two more.

10. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Money is not a problem, the problem is the available space on my iPad. Need to hold it for infinity blade dungeons.

11. XeO

XeO Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Can someone tell me if this is like a normal rpg, where you travel from town to town, or is it arena style like chaos rings where you keep going back to one spot?

12. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    You seem to have misunderstood. I don't wholly disagree with the pricing of iPhone games in general, just this one. I've been as far as £6-£7 for football manager handheld 2012 and its perfectly justified. This however, £12, i still cant get my head around it.

Also, how can you come straight back with such an aggressive comment, you immediately slam me when im just saying that the pricing is excessive for a game whos prequels released at no-more than £6 i think, how can they justify the double in launch price. I'd love them to come and tell me.

13. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry, but your facts are wrong. The games did not release at that price. I'd have to look it up, and frankly can't be bothered, but I bought both on launch day, and they were more. They were also worth every penny and more. JRPGs aren't for everybody, but if you like them then I feel like this is worth it, and more. You cannot play this game on a console. I love the fact that this is exclusive to us.

14. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Well, if history repeats itself, this game will be on sale in about 2 months.

I've already expressed my concerns/issues with the price. In my head it's not justified either unless you base it off of sell high to a smaller, dedicated crowd. The put it on sale for everyone else.

Anyways, the game will be priced X way as long as ppl pay for it. The game will undoubtedly have sales. So, if you think the price is unjustified, just wait!

I just want the thread to get somewhat back on track, so I can know if I'm going to deal with my space problem and buy this next week. IMHO, the impression - so far - haven't convinced me too much. Only a couple ppl seem to be truly enthusiastic about the product they purchased.

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    You can add one more to truly enthusiastic. I haven't posted more impressions because this is a large game, and I'm not too far into it yet. When I get through more, I'll post more impressions.

16. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    True, a sale will happen eventually, but the way I'm thinking is, if everybody can do their part and show support at full price, the company will see ios being a profitable platform and will continue making high quality games. That's why I bought the game but haven't really started playing yet. To show my support to them for making a solid product (from what everyone is saying).

17. XeO

XeO Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Anyone know??

18. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Looking forward to your impression!

I understand what you're saying. The thing is, I don't think the price is justified. There's a reason I still have my Xbox 360 and will be buying the next generation, even though I game more on iOS. The platform itself is enough to scare me away from a game priced at $18. But, even if that wasn't the case, I still don't find the price justified.

It doesn't mean I won't be buying it soon. I'll just add it to my frivolous expenditure list.

The only justification I can come up with is I'm eager.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Every game is a frivolous expenditure. Every single one.

20. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    True, but some are more frivolous than others. Hell, in life, most things are frivolous.