Universal Bug Heroes 2 - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 19, 2014.

1. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    The very same god that wiped the data in the first place is now trying to get it back for him?

2. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Sorry to bump or revive, however you want to call it. But I've been having troubles with the MP on both Local and Global play (Global with a friend) and that's that whenever the match starts, the other player disappears and a banner saying: "Game out of sync, players had to be disconnected" pops out, any idea of what is it or any fix?

3. XenoCrusade

XenoCrusade Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Tarantula - Mind Control

Hai.
    I wasn't sure where to submit a small bug report; if it considered as one.
    Do note that TL;DR is in bold.

Still loving the game, as always; I only have Toy Robot left to unlock, as well as the Exploder Gem, and the Snail Gem. My most recent unlock being Tarantula. Loved him; but the synergy I have in mind for him does not seem to help, rather, it hurts me back.

Tarantula's Mind Control, in my initial thought, would sound really useful with
    Bug Banners taking effect while the enemies were converted over to your side
    ; not necessarily when your own Bug Banners or shielder turrets start to work against you.
    I first noticed this wierd occurence when I had coincidentally converted a horde of fireflies within two of my level 5 shielder turrets' range of protection. They stood still, without a target, as usual. When Mind Control wore off, I noticed that I was starting to get knocked back whenever I strike them, with 1 damage each.
    I further tested this theory that the buffs exclusive to my units stay with converted enemy units, by trying out scrolls, and bug banners.

To my surprise, enemy units who were once converted by Tarantula's Mind Control skill retain buffs given from by your own Bug Banners, Shielders, Magic Scrolls, and Cleric Scrolls; provided that they were in range before Mind Control ends.

Yes, converted enemy War Snails will retain your level 5 Bug Banner's bonus once mind control ends. It's not fun.
    And yes, if the converted units were in your scroll's area of effect right after Mind Control finishes, they will keep the HP regen and/or damage bonus. Not as bad as how Bug Banners would buff enemies, but you should be more careful of converted enemies within Shielder Turret radius when Mind Control ends. It's going to be unpleasant when the caterpillar you converted by accident returns back to attack your stash when it was inside two level 5 shielder turrets.

I have tested this a number of times; especially with the Cleric Scroll and the Shielder Turret, where I keep converted enemies within my scroll's area of effect until Mind Control ends. They're still regenerating health, no matter how far I am from them.
    I also made 4 level 5 Bug Banners and converted three small grubs. Compared to the usual two or three swats, I may have ended up swinging them from one corner of the Yard to the other. Adding to that, the fleas I converted in the same scenario now deal around 90 damage.
    In the same game, I decided to sell all four Bug Banners; the converted enemy units still had their buffs...

This is also noticable when you Mind Control enemy units without buffs indicated by a green circle; you need to have a Bug Banner to see green circles indicating that the enemy units you have converted have buffs from your banner. Once Mind Control ends, the enemy units who are now attacking you would still have the damage/health bonus from your own turrets.

I find this as quite a counter-productive element for Tarantula, especially in multiplayer, with other bug heroes that could make good use of Bug Banners, such as Honeybee and Stickbug. Buffing enemy units in 1v1 or 2v2 multiplayer probably isn't a great idea, either.

I understand the potential concern of the game possibly not needing any more updates or bug fixes, as I've heard you're also working on new titles, and that's all right. This likely won't be a concern if people don't actually use Bug Banners with Tarantula, but a shame in the end.

I am unsure if there's a way to revert this, but this is as far as my observations go.

This is probably the only potential bug that keeps me from loving Tarantula.
    Nonetheless, games from you guys might never get old to me.

4. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    That's a biggy.

I noticed today while playing that the usual glow around food and spare parts was gone; wonder if this was intentional?

5. XenoCrusade

XenoCrusade Member

Jul 1, 2014
    It surely happened after the iOS 8 update; but I've no clue as to whether this was caused by the Apple update itself, or the Bug Heroes 2 update issued by Foursaken, which mentions the iOS 8 compatibility fix. Not that it matters, but it intrigues me.

6. killa1500

killa1500 Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Does anybody play it anymore? I can't find a single person to play with

7. Zifircin

Zifircin Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Student
    Istanbul
    #2847 Zifircin, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    I would like to play it if there is someone else I can play with. (I have all the heroes I just don't play it anymore because multiplayer is almost dead.) Maybe give me your skype or something?

8. XenoCrusade

XenoCrusade Member

Jul 1, 2014
    I still play, though I usually end up waiting for more than 5 minutes for a player in Co-op to show up. Then GameCenter blows us over by making us out of sync.

When Foursaken does plan on making BH3, or improving this one (I'd personally vouch for improvements and continued support in the game), they should also consider not splitting multiplayer lobbies into four different game modes. Either that, or let us know who's waiting in each game mode!

Co-op [1 waiting]
    Co-op TD [0 waiting]
    1v1 [0 waiting]
    2v2 [3 waiting]

9. Zifircin

Zifircin Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Student
    Istanbul
    Totally agree with this. They should have a single multiplayer lobby and then give the option to vote for what is going to be played (1v1, co-op, etc). Especially with the amount of players that this game is ever going to get with multiplayer. Also, if you ever do an update, please please please add scorpions!

10. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I am having this issue on both local and global multiplayer too. Anyone encountered a fix?

11. XenoCrusade

XenoCrusade Member

Jul 1, 2014
    As far as I know, Foursaken uses GameCenter and its servers to host multiplayer, so they'd likely consequently point at GC for any inconvenience caused.

Before I play multi-player in any game, I always make sure that every other app is closed, having no other background app running besides the one game you're trying to play multi-player in. I believe it works, most apps still consume memory as long as they're still on, and the effect is pretty noticeable when there's more than 30 background apps running.

12. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Ugh. Just accidentally erased my progress in the game. Just got on my iPad to play and there was a message asking if I wanted to upload the save from the cloud. Well I got an iPhone 6 a couple weeks ago so figured I must've played in there and uploaded it. Now I'm back at the beginning of the game. Spent money on iap when this was first released so that I could support FM and also get a couple of the hero bugs. Hoping someone from FM sees this and can maybe help me out.

13. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    #2853 Fangbone, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Thanks for your help Foursaken Media. It's very much appreciated. Looking forward to what you guys have in store for us in the future.

14. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Hi, Foursaken bros! Happy new year! :)

Anything new for this one after the release of H&CII? :D
    We need an update! n.nU

15. Zifircin

Zifircin Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Student
    Istanbul
    Yes, an update would be absolutely great if you can get to it between all your work! I say more mercenaries for hire, more enemies (scorpions!), and more maps!

16. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Some pages back, they said they were done with this game, sooooooo...... Yeah. #

17. Gamer of War

Gamer of War Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
  18. Gamer of War

Gamer of War Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Any chance of this game being ported to consoles or PC?

Stupid question is stupid, but it has to be asked

19. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I thought any App Store game could be played on a computer if you had iTunes?

20. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Two things:

1. Clearly you've never tried this thing you think you can do :D

2. Totally curious to where you could have gotten this idea since in my half a decade of playing iOS games and being on this forum and similar sites I've never heard anyone else say this :p

While it would undoubtedly be possible for Apple to allow computer users to run iOS apps in emulation (there is some sort of emulator for developers for their early testing so the tech exists in a basic form), they have these apps locked down completely. You play them on one of their iOS devices or you don't play them at all.