Runescape Server on iPhone?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iSmallZx, May 12, 2009.

1. iSmallZx

iSmallZx Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I was wondering if it was possible to write an app that would allow you to play runescape through a wifi or 3g network on ur iPhone. Is it possible?

2. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    ugh why would you want to??

3. equinox

equinox Member

May 4, 2009
  4. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vollee

As of this time, Vollee appears to no longer exist. Phone numbers for their California office have been disconnected and their website is no longer reachable.

Let's not get too excited about that.

5. tonysfavourite

tonysfavourite Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    what do you want exactly? a dedicated server, or a server witch 'streams' the game like in the wow example? or play the game on iphone, or play it on the pc with an iphone server? i don't understand...

6. iSmallZx

iSmallZx Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    #6 iSmallZx, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Like an app that lets u connect to the game kindof like using safari but with the java script only for the game, not other games. i know there are runescape android apk for android devices but dont they have browsers to play on to? idk

7. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    How would that work on the iPhone, you're going to need a much bigger screen!

8. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Runescape is evil!

9. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Well in the beginning it was a pretty good game, now it is (in my opinion) overrun by people that just don't appreciate it.

10. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Maybe thats because Fagex ruined merchanting and now it takes like 3 hours to make 500k. I used to make 10m every 3 hours, and it was always so much fun to make up my own merchanting tricks and makes tons of money with it. Now how am I gonna make enough money to buy a Godsword, or some other cool item. It must especially be hard on the level -50 people. I'm level 93, without merchanting, I grew bored of the game. Dumb Fagex and their trade limits.

11. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
  12. MaNNioN

MaNNioN Active Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Student
    West Yorkshire
    Runescape just got worse and then when they took staking out it wasnt worth playing

13. slayerzack1

slayerzack1 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    sony
    i live in japan
    runescape is so lame and a dumb game it sucks so bad

14. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Troll alert.

15. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Vnc servers, I've seen people get it hooked up with games on the PC but it doesn't work really well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Network_Computing

Vnc works for computer to computer or mobile device to computer, vice versa. It lets you see the computer screen/ipod screen from the device you're using and control it. They don't take full control (unlike viruses) because you can view what they're doing or take control with your mouse. If the program is closed, the connection is lost.

So yes, you can play Runescape on your iPod/iPhone/iPad, but with shuddering framerates. If you mean an app, you'll have to let Jagex take care of that.

16. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    i didnt know it still exists