Monitization of 10,000 sessions per day

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Rasterman, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Rasterman

Rasterman Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    So my freemium game on android is doing about 13,000 sessions per day. If I were correctly advertising in this using interstitials and video ads, how much should I be making?

2. PlaidWorld

PlaidWorld Member

Oct 21, 2015
    eCPM is earnings per 1000 ads shown.

Unity Ads for example pay 6-12$ per 1000

So it you showed 1 ad per session you would in theory make 13 * 6$ or $78+ a day.

In truth you need more than 1 ad provider and a mediation layer like HeyZap that can pull ads from say 3 ad providers so you get actual FILLRATE for all countries.

eCPM rates very with the time of year etc.

3. Rasterman

Rasterman Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    Wow, I need to switch then, I'm currently getting 35 cents per 1000 with Flurry.

4. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    It also greatly depends on where your users are, of course. For US, it can be even higher than 12$. For many countries, it's between 2-3$ or less (with rewarded videos for us). 35 cents seems very low though, it might be that you're showing static ads only? Also, if you're showing ads to mostly the same users over and over, the eCPMs start to go down I think.

Years ago, I played quite a bit of Land Air Sea by the way, it was amazing how well it ran on my iPad 1 for something so complex! And it had way better controls than any other RTS I played with touch. I hope you've had some success with it. I hadn't seen Machines at War 3, I'll try that as well.

5. PlaidWorld

PlaidWorld Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Yeah that is horrible by end standard.

You should use video ads.. and or better reward ads if you can.

ChartBoost still pays much better then .35 for full screen static ads.
    Thats one company you should check out.

Throw in unity ads... if you use unity as it take like 10 minutes to get running.

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I recommend Vungle or Applovin, their rates are much better than Unity ads, typically.