TouchArcade Forums' Game of the Month - February 2017

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Andy C83, Feb 28, 2017.

?

Vote for your favourite game of February 2017!

Poll closed Mar 3, 2017.
  1. Glitchskier

15.4%
  2. Dungeon Tails

15.4%
  3. Slayaway Camp

61.5%
  4. MUL.MASH.TAB.BA.GAL.GAL

7.7%
  1. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    [​IMG]

Glitchskier

[​IMG]

Dungeon Tails

[​IMG]

Slayaway Camp

[​IMG]

MUL.MASH.TAB.BA.GAL.GAL

[​IMG]

2. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #2 Andy C83, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Well Ladies and Gentlebots, it's almost 1am here in the UK and I'm pretty tired so all I'm gonna say for now is...vote. Please vote. :)

If you could write a few words telling us which game you voted for and why, that'd be super cool. There's a chance that your words could end up in a front page article on TouchArcade, so come on guys, immortality awaits!

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This was absolutely the hardest game of the month vote for me but for me it came down to which game did I spend more time playing, talk about the most, and have the best experience. Well three of the games I played ... a lot and the other I haven't had a chance to try.

I had a tough decision but Slayaway Camp is my choice. I talked about it to more people than any of the other games. It combines two of my favorite hobbies horror movies and mobile gaming.
    I never thought I would see an 80s horror mobile game not only with perfect controls but with so much content and fun gameplay.
    This is the complete package and possibly a game of the year title.
    It was a hit success and even before it hit I was saying this same thing on the forums because I had the chance to beta test this game for months and watched it blossom.

With this being said it was still a hard decision because two other games I had a great experience with as well.

Glitchskier was a game I originally downloaded and deleted after a ten minutes.
    After reading reviews I went back to it and gave it more time and really glad I did.
    Because I did this it made a bigger impact. I couldn't believe this game was so indepth and reminded me somewhat of downwell as I did the same for it as well.

Mul.mash is still fresh in my head since t just came out this week and it's developer has hit after hit and this was no different .
    The gameplay and unlockable paddles are what stand out to me.
    I'm still unlocking more and progressing so I'm actually thinking about playing right now.

But all in all Slayaway Camp is my pick and I'm sticking to it.
    Thank you for your hard work again putting these polls and threads together . I understand the hard work and we all appreciate your effort.
    It's given the forums more personality and flavor for me and look forward to each thread you put together.
    If I could help you with whatever I would.
    You did this right with narrowing each week down and picking from them .

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #4 ROGER-NL, Feb 28, 2017
    I voted for Slayaway Camp, great puzzle game with top atmosphere.

The two best arcade games this month were Digby Forever and Wobblers.

Special mention for Hidden Folks, still playing that game and it should be on the list as well.

5. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    While Hidden Folks is a very good game this is for previous game of the week winners only, so no, it shouldn't be on the list.

6. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Oh sorry Andy didn't know you did only the week winners, but that is very good and good luck with all.

7. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    What I could do is at the end of the poll do a round up of all the best games of February, which Hidden Folks would definitely be a part of. Thanks Roger the Dodger!

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #8 ROGER-NL, Feb 28, 2017
    So by the end of the year we have 12 games of the months and those games we can vote for for game of the Year right, that's cool and easy, we don't have to nominate no more, life's becoming to easy ha ha. Great job Andy to keep things alive here, this is still the best website for mobile gaming, hope they get enough patreons.

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    This could get controversial! There's bound to be a month where there are three games better than all the rest, and two won't even make to the end of the year... If it's OK, I prefer the free-for-all of the GOTY nominations - it's a great way to uncover things I might otherwise have missed.

That said, you're doing a great job, Andy!

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    You are right, well let Andy sort it out or we need to vote on what we want to vote and nominate, tough decisions.

11. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #11 Andy C83, Feb 28, 2017
    I think for Game of the Week polls the nomination process has become all but obsolete. However Game of the Year is a different story, at least I'm hoping it will be, as I fully intend to have nominations for that when the time comes. Assuming the world hasn't ended by then or anything.

Thanks guys!

12. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    #12 neca, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    I like these polls, and try to participate often...
    For me it's Slayaway Camp, it has great presentation and gameplay, sounds and humor, very original and well done. Mul mash is great too, I hope they release PvS2, that could be GOTY for me right there.

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Though not my genre and with a low longevity against my other two favorites, the theme and overall top presentation lets me vote for...

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    If you still add to the list, my vote goes to Dungeon Rushers.
    And a big honorable mention for Quest Treasure Adventure. If I didn't find the current controls unusable, I'm sure it would be up there and not Rushers.

15. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Congrats Slayaway Camp, and thanks everyone for voting and commenting on why you voted for a specific game! And as always thanks Andy for doing this :)

16. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#16 Anotherkellydown, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Would have voted MUL.MASH, Glitchskier, Heart Star, Digby Forever, Tavern Guardians, Slayaway Camp, and Wobblers. Missed this one :(

Nevermind. Looks like we're past that part - duh...

So yeah, out of that list, MUL.MASH would have gotten my vote.

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    So Slayaway won?