iPhone Baldur's Gate Enhance Edition for iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Trayray, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel.Voyager

Gabriel.Voyager Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Turin - Italy
    I wait for so long to play :(
    I don't even have no more a PC, only a mac and ipad, so wait january i fear.
    Give me the buggy version coming out in NZ!!

2. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Lets hope it will be not like Blizzard always saying...

Very Soon

Another common term implemented by Blizzard often misleading players into excitement for future content. "Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release. :D

3. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    From Trent's Twitter:

“@TrentOster: The bug was related to an app requirement we didn't meet. #We're working on the fix.”

So it's not necessarily because there was bugs in the game, one of Apple's App requirements, whatever that may be...

Enjoying my BG:EE on pc, but I must say, I really look forward to be playing on my iPad.
    This is killing me.. :D

4. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    You could have dualled her to a mage at level 6. She makes a pretty good one, is much sturdier and has better AC than single-class mages and can use a bow. Also, the experience needed for levelling is structured in such a way that it doesn't take her that long to catch up.

And it isn't like one thief in BG 1 can actually cover all relevant skills. Now, BG 2 may be a different story, but you can make your character human and choose stats with an eye to what you'd want to eventually dual them into. And I understand that EE would allow you to pick kits. I have always wondered how a swashbuckler or an assassin would play on low levels...

Also, in BG1 ranged weapons rule. Everybody in your party should have some pips put into a ranged weapon that they can use. Have them concentrate their fire on one enemy at a time and you won't even need to close for most of the routine fights.

5. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    That reminds me, there's a sign at a bar I go to, it says " Free beer tomorrow!" Of course when you go back the next day it still says that...

Maybe that's what they should post that on their site, "the game will be out tomorrow!", yeah...

6. Gabriel.Voyager

Gabriel.Voyager Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Turin - Italy
    The hype is now finished.
    The dev have make all the possible errors with this app, released then pulled loosing the possibility to patch it after a while, then they released a wrong version that was rejected...
    If only they had left the NZ version...
    For the first time in the app store they should have asked a few tips to the spiderweb for example, the arrogance have always a cost.

7. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Looks like they are still working on it..
    So, I have no hope for this year anymore, since the Appstore is shutting done around the holidays..

8. bigballer

bigballer New Member

Dec 6, 2012
    What are you talking about the app store shutting down for the holidays?

9. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    Just like he said, every year (so far) the app store shuts down for the holiday season. It just means that no new games or updates get released for that period of time.

10. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Where "that period of time" is December 21 to December 28 so everybody please try to contain your despair. There's plenty of time left unless it's really more than just some simple bug fixes. :p

(Go play Vice City while you wait. :p)

11. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #411 pjft, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Well, the world's going to finish in a couple of days either way, so why bother?...

...seriously, though: the lockdown happens from December 21st to December 29th. If you don't believe the game can still be released this year, then you are far more pessimistic than many.

I'm patiently waiting for Baldur's Gate on my iPad - believe me, the ones who are suffering the most are the developers, not us - and in the meanwhile I have started to play Avadon HD for the first time, to get in the mood. There's lots of games out there for people to enjoy in the meanwhile - and it's not like the developers owe us anything at all, so let them take the time they need to deliver a solid game. Even if it will probably need to be patched afterwards.

Cheers.

[Edit: what dannythefool said - he posted faster than me]

12. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Amen to that!

13. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    With the normal review period seeming to be around 2-3 weeks, I think it's fair to be pessimistic in this case. There's no assurance that they'll get another expedited review.

That being said, I also agree they don't "owe" us anything, it will be out when it's out. I'm still very much enjoying Horn...

14. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #414 violentv, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    The end of the world is still a couple of weeks away! I actually planned to double dip and get BG for both PC and iPad...but now that I have sunk many hours into the PC version on a large screen, I am a little reluctant to continue my game on the iPad.

Perhaps I will buy it when they get the cross platform multiplayer aspect set up properly!

On another note..I thought Horn was quite heavily padded to extend the play time at the expense of the pacing etc. It is definitely a good game but I would have enjoyed it more if the game was more condensed(by a lot).Just my opinion!

15. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Nice, I've heard good things about Horn - might try it out in the future! :)

As for double dipping, I had considered it as well, though I don't really do much desktop gaming... How's the game treating you? Are you enjoying it?

Had you played it before?

16. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    yeah I have played it before years ago(stuck to the canon party then.. going to try being more adventurous this time round!) and I am enjoying it again thanks to some of the improvements to the usability and UI. I have only managed to sink 8 hours into it so far though!

17. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    ...I wish I could find 8h of my time to sink into anything at the moment :D

I just hope BG doesn't just turn into something that goes into my ever-growing backlog.

By the way, the devs just posted:

"We've made a lot of progress on the iPad build of the game. But, we are seeing out of memory problems on the iPad1."

18. Prodigy_BE

Prodigy_BE Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Aw man. I was SOOOOO looking forward to jumping into that world again.

19. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Right and half year back they didnt had any ipad1 memory problems?

20. nahsik

nahsik Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Why even bother with ipad one. That things just a large paperweight now.