Beautiful Bird's Flying Adventure beats Whale Trail on Appsfire

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by racingspider, Jul 30, 2012.

1. racingspider

racingspider Well-Known Member

Your post has nothing to do with anything, nor is it particularly useful. Tracking the number of tweets for a game has nothing to do with its success in the App Store.

Basically, you spammed twitter to get appsfire to think your game is doing well, then compare it to a game that is already established... to prove what?

This sort of thing is why people do not take you seriously.

2. racingspider

racingspider Well-Known Member

#2 racingspider, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    I didn't say your game was spam. Read my post. You spammed Twitter.
    Your jump from using Appsfire to saying you "beat Whale Trail" is the 'sort of thing' I'm talking about.
    Not to mention using icons and images from successful games in your promotions. It is something that you really need to stop.
    I don't really care about the quality of your games, I care about you attempting to pretend to be something your not. It is not doing you any good whatsoever.

At no point did I 'bash' you, or your game. You seem to think that anyone who disagrees with you is bashing you. Grow thicker skin.

As matter as a fact, go back to your other forum post, the one about Apple rejecting based on graphics or whatever. You'll see that people TRY to help you, but you get defensive immediately and over all else. That's the behavior I'm talking about - and why people don't take you seriously.

Also, you're not the only one who gets "negative" feedback:

This is from a completely different post, with a completely different game:
    "Of course there might be many other factors, but my personal opinion is that although the presentation and everything is top notch, the game seems to lack character:
    the artwork could have been designed better, with larger and more visually appealing sprites for example"

Can you guess how the guy responded?

3. Wow, finally got a chance to play a Pixelpower game! First impression though was it wasn't universal and it didn't change screen orientation. It does look a lot like tiny wings, but not really a clone I guess.

The gameplay was ok, though, don't see how you could be comparing this to Whale Tail which has some of the best graphics I have seen on my new ipad.

But it was interesting to finally play one of your games after all the hype over your threads. Can't say this game will stay on my ipad, but I guess it's the effort that counts.

So, for some reason, gave a 5 star review saying Go Pixelpower! Don't know why exactly, but one thing that I do respect about you is even when faced with overwhelming odds vs the developer's possee, you still get back on your feet and still fight on. So for that I applaud you, and to give you some good luck in your game, I gave a very favorable review. Good luck...