To buy or not to buy: Touchgrind

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fruho, Jan 24, 2010.

?

BUY OR DON'T BUY TOUCHGRIND?

1. BUY

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. DON'T BUY

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    It's supposed to be a revolutionary game, but is it really with 5 bucks? Does it get repetitive after a couple hours, or does it become more and more addictive as you play? An most importantly-should I buy it or not? Thanks guys

2. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Amazing, more addictive as you play, buy it

3. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

I belive there is a thread for the "should I get this game?" topic.
    But anyway it is a definate buy, I just played it today before a movie. It is a great investment.

4. Diggins

Diggins Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    your attic
    +1. its amazingly addictive trying to unlock all the decks and trying to get new combos

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    hell yes
    i see you jst joined this month so it's okay that you don't have it.
    anyone who's joined earlier and doesn't have this doesn't deserve to be here :p

6. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I dont have it....
    I looked at it a lot but ended up getting laby 2. But I guess I'll go buy it, as long as there isn't going to be a sequel. Any news on Touchgrind 2?

7. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    not sure if there're any plans for a sequel. if there is one it might have a park editor. anyways lab2 is a better deal

8. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    They said they were thinking about implementing a park editor and all those other special things in Touchgrind 2, still get 1, though.

9. deiden26

deiden26 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I wouldn't say it is worth five dollars honestly. There is one level and either practice or timed score modes. In the practice mode, the game keeps track of your score by trick. It displays the trick you have performed which scored the highest number of points. In the timed score mode, you have a few minutes to get as high of a score as possible. Higher scores unlock new boards that only look different. That is it. Sure, the controls are cool and the idea is unique, but there is just so little content...

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I didn't really enjoy Touchgrind. I found Skater Nation to be a more enjoyable game, although you can't really compare the two.