Goodreader 4 (Universal) $6.99 --> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by flame10, Aug 21, 2014.

1. flame10

flame10 Active Member

May 4, 2009
    #1 flame10, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    One of the best PDF reader and file organizer on iphone & ipad
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Pretty good. I like iAnnotate better though for my purposes...much better handwriting and annotation tools, especially with the hand rest option in it. So it's better for making quick annotation and notes in my PDFs on the iPad in college classes with the pin point pens than Goodreader, but Goodreader is good too. I just use Goodreader on my iPhone for looking at PDFs.

3. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    So it makes reading a .pdf something close to reading a .epub?

4. CrossbowRules

CrossbowRules Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Purchased it. I want to know if what I've been hearing is true about this app.

5. spoosh

spoosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    To those who've used it- is this better than Readdle's Documents?

6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I've tried several pdf readers and this is my go-to.

7. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #7 tops2, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    I prefer Documents more..but probably cause I used it first, used it longer and got used to how it works. I like the way Documents handle the table of contents for the PDFs that I tried. Documents can also act as a "file manager" similar to Goodreader. To me, if you have Documents and are happy with it...then you don't need Goodreader. Of course since it's so cheap..doesn't hurt to pick up Goodreader now since it's so cheap.

Edit: That said...Goodreader has a lot of features that's useful. There's seems to be neat features to create new PDF from old ones and powerful editing/note taking features.

8. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Using the new version of Goodreader a bit more, I'm liking it better than iAnnotate now

9. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I hope it's really good and provide me a life altering experience because I've just invested a whole dolar on it :D

10. crazy dad

crazy dad Active Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Had the original and used for years. I paid 4 for the upgrade 4. It was worth it. Fast and powerful. Great for downloading docs of web in zip and opening them.

11. spoosh

spoosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Thanks! I decided to pick it up and though I like Documents better too, Goodreader's pretty useful as well.

12. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Loved the original version, but more as a file manager app than a reader. Always thought the PDF viewing was a bit jerky on an iPad Air. Hopefully v4 is better.

13. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    This app can connect to basically anything. Various cloud services. Your email accounts (to fetch attachments). Your local networks using various protocols (FTP, SFTP, SMB etc). And obviously the internets. Very, very handy app to have around.

14. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I grabbed it too, not sure I needed it but I heard many good things over time so I figured why not?

I usually use PDFmax but was not thrilled with it though it met my needs.

15. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I use Goodreader mostly as a download tool to get evthg I have in the cloud or on my FTP.
    It's great as a file manager and obviously a very good PDF reader.
    One odd thing it doesn't read .cbr so I use it to download my comics and the open them in Comic Zeal.

16. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    been using GR for years now (mostly the older version but in recent months this one too). it's solid, worth more than 0.99.

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    A bit late, but I finally got around to using this a bit, and compared to native iOS PDF support it rocks!

Well worth the buck.