Computer hacking type games wanted?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by oooooomonkey, Jan 13, 2012.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hi. I remember years ago I used to play this game on my pc I think it was called "uplink" and you used to have missions from some kind of organisation where you would need to acquire certain files or wipe records and things. You could use different types of program's like password breakers and bounce your signal around the globe.
    Anyway.
    I'm just wondering of there's any type of computer hacking games on iOS that I'm missing out on. Anyone know?
    Thanks.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Hack.run series

3. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Cheers. I'll pick one of them up and have a look.

4. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Hack RUN is pretty good, good story to.
    It does require internet connection btw.

The Prequel is called Hack RUN Zero.
    Going to start with that after i finish the first one.
    I'm currently at lvl 36.:)

BUt i was wondering if there were more hack type games like this.
    I saw a game named iHack that was pretty similar.
    Anyone played it yet?

5. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Uplink on the PC was pure fun. Not realistic, but fun as heck. =D

Just got "The Hacker" but haven't tried it. It seems to be more of a collection of minigames with a hacking story around it. It looks like there's one IAP (that shows up on iTunes). If the game is fun, I'll throw another 0.99 to the dev. :)

Found Hack Run yesterday too, and tried the lite version. Its basically a text adventure game set in hacking setting. Its pretty fun, but as with all text adventure games, it depends on the player's imagination..and can stretch the lateral thinking part of the brain. ;)

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Thanks "undeadcow" I've just finished the lite version of hack run and it's brilliant I'm going to pick up both parts. That's excatly the type of game I'm looking for.

"the hacker" is just really a collection of mini games but it still does a good job of tying in the hacker story line. I enjoyed it anyway.

7. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmm just played the lite of hacker evolution ań it's pretty boring and nothing to do with hacking, more of a puzzle game.

I also saw ihack but the app description put me off when it said you would need some grasp of real computer skills, :) dos prompts are the limit of my skills lol.

8. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ihack is basicly 10 questions, no story line or fun.
    And yes pretty hard, got stuck/tired at question 4 :p

Played uplink today on pc, its pretty good but not comparible to games like hack RUN. (which is more fun imo)