Plus+ Hidden Awards

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JosephDuffy, Nov 9, 2009.

1. JosephDuffy

JosephDuffy Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    #1 JosephDuffy, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
    Hey guys,
    Though I'd get a collection of known Plus+ awards which are hidden, E.g, you don't see them unless you've unlocked them.
    Post your own discoveries, and I'll post them here, so all can see. Please post in the format bellow, with the Game, Name, Description and Points Rewarded!
    If you have proof (Such as a screenshot), its status will be confirmed, if not, its status will be unconfirmed.

Hidden Awards:

DJ Jones
    Night Vision - Discover Night Vision Mode - 25 Confirmed

Archon:Conquest
    Complete all, normal and insane - Finish all campaigns on both Normal and Insane settings - 100 Confirmed

Flick Fishing
    Island Dweller - A bonus just for people who already owned Flick Fishing before this update - 20 Confirmed

HarborHavox3D
    Music Lover - Keep music on for 10 sessions - 10 Confirmed

Flick Fishing
    Named Fish - Catch X Fish - Total of 695 More info coming soon, Confirmed

Any extras or errors, please post back!
    Thanks
    Joseph Duffy

2. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Harbor Havoc 3D

Music Lover: Play 10 sessions with music on. 10 points.

3. JosephDuffy

Nov 9, 2009
    Thanks buddy, I've already got thay one, but forgot to put it the list xD
    Thanks for contributing!

4. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Hey, welcome to the site :)

Good idea posting the list; hopefully some awards will be discovered that we don't know about.

Anyways, don't forget about all of the Named Fish in Flick Fishing! There are 695 hidden points in named fish.

5. JosephDuffy

Nov 9, 2009
    I was going to post the Flick Fishing ones, but I still need 3 of them I'm working on getting those 3, so hopefully, if noone else does in the meantime, I'll be posting them all soon :)

6. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    How do you get the dizzy block achievement in Topple 2? Sorry for this being a little off topic.

7. JosephDuffy

Nov 9, 2009
    That's fine buddy, I'm thinking of making it a help topic, but I might start anther topic.
    Anyways, simply rotate a block 360Degrees in one movement, use one finger to hold, and the other to "flick" it around sort of thing, just mess around! ;)

8. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009

Grab a block and rotate it for a while.

9. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I'm kinda pissed. I owned Flick Fishing before the update and didn't get the achievement.

10. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Having a thread to call these out is a good idea. I really think that having some hidden is a stupid idea. Having secret awards is one thing, but totally hidden ones are lame.

11. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    Was the app currently installed on your iPhone when you updated it? I'm pretty sure you have to have a save file on the device before you install the update in order to get it.

This is a mistake in my opinion, but it is what the developers decided to do. All it really does is alienate new players and punish people who gained an interest in the game after the update.

Agreed, I would rather see some awards covered with question marks, rather than this shot-in-the-dark style secret awards thing.

Hopefully this thread will help alleviate the issue a bit :)

12. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

You had to have an actual saved game at the point of updating (so first time you played with the Plus+ version and it updated your save game it gives you the achievement). If you owned it previously but had deleted and reinstalled for the update without playing first, you wouldn't get the achievement.

It's only a few points though, so I wouldn't worry about it and there will be more bonuses for current users in future updates.

13. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    Are you sure you really want that award in the first place? The whole point of achievements is that you're actually supposed to be able to achieve them. As it is, someone who just bought their iPhone last week and really loves all of your games would never be able to earn those points, no matter how much they play. It isn't fair, in my opinion.

14. Zwilnik

Absolutely. It's a reward for our loyal players who've been playing the game for a year now. As we're adding new ones for current players to get on future updates, no-one really misses out in the long run but it does prompt gamers to buy the game now rather than later.

The actual score from that particular achievement is pretty minor, so it's more of a badge of honour than anything else (and similar systems are used in many long running games to reward long term players) and lets them show off the fact they've been playing the game for ages.

Having said all that, I can't actually remember if we activated that particular achievement in the 1.4 version or not. I remember setting it up, but it may have been disabled in favour of other achievements to make the achievement score total correct :)

15. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    You did, I've unlocked it ;)

It isn't sour grapes on my part about not being able to get the points - I have the points. I am one of those long term players, and I'm saying that I don't need some sort of points reward for being a long term player. I'd rather be a part of a service that is completely fair and accessible to all users, regardless of when they bought their iPhones.

The fact that some people DID own Flick Fishing and still didn't earn the award because Flick Fishing happened to not be installed at the time should serve as one of several excellent examples of why this type of award doesn't work.

And yes, at the end of the day, the 20 or 25 points it is worth don't count for a whole lot. It is the principle of the thing that I don't like. I understand where you're coming from with wanting to encourage early adoption - I just don't agree with you. I see a whole lot of negatives to this type of thing regarding failing to award the bonus to long-term users, degrading the fairness of the Plus+ network, and alienating new users. I really hope you do reconsider.

Anyways, lets not let this disagreement get in the way of the fact that you just announced that you're working on a new version! I'm just glad to hear you're working on an update; any chance you're ready to announce what you're adding? :D

16. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Just out of curiosity are you developers allowed to add plus+ awards in updates. How much does Plus+ enforce the amount points you allocate through awards. Maybe I misread it but you made it sound like that was your plan.

I have found that the awards in plus+ are becoming my favorite feature of the service. It adds a lot of fun and re-playability to go after them.

17. Zwilnik

Should (Apple submission gods willing) be something announced very soon ;) Nothing major this update, but more coming.

18. JosephDuffy

Nov 9, 2009
    I agree with the whole "Why have hidden awards" thing, "locked" awards would be great, I think they make you keep playing, and trying new things.
    I'm going to make a "Help with Awards" thread, and leave this fully for submitting Hidden Awards, and discussing them.
    For now, goodbye, I'll work on the other thread in the mean time.
    Thanks
    Joseph Duffy

19. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I see what you mean and am perfectly ok with it. It's just the fact that it is impossible to get them now. Kind of like a retired achievement.

20. Hammurabi

Hammurabi New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Hey I remember a long tome ago when plusplus was just starting up there was a wordfu achievement, for people who paid for an earlier version, and it being worth 500 POINTS. So is it still there, hidden, or has it been removed? Anyone know anything about it?