Guerrilla Bob vs Minigore

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mflc, Jan 26, 2010.

?

Guerrilla Bob or Minigore?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2010.
  1. Guerrilla Bob

52.0%
  2. Minigore

48.0%
  1. mflc

mflc Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    playing idevice games all day...and all night
    The North Pole
    Guerrilla Bob or Minigore? Im gonna have to go with Guerrilla Bob

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Seriously?

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

it was inevitable tat this thread would appear- heck! i just made one to have to report it so it can be removed!

4. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    This is a thread just waiting to happen.

5. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    As Hodapp said:

Seriously?

6. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    i know, we all have all agreed minigore is the best game ever :p

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Guerrilla Bob has John Gore and legs!

'Nuff said. :cool:

8. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'll actually have to vote Minigore, because while they're both great games, I find myself coming back to it more than Guerilla Bob, (I've had it for a couple of weeks)

9. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

how did i know hmar was gonna vote minigore??
    im just genius i guess...

10. chichilo23

chichilo23 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Shift manager at starbucks
    Boogy down bronx Ny
    Well both are kool and remember minigore is just a test hardgore is te core game i like both

11. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Why not just love both games :D

Guerilla Bob will be visiting Hardland very soon.

12. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
  13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I am yet to have either games, but since Guerilla Bob looks a lot better, I will vote for Guerilla Bob.

14. Hmar9333

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I tried that, people hated me for it.

15. merkamerka

merkamerka Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Bob is indefinately too difficult in hard mode. And it's not because of "no health" or "You don't know how to play". The guys with the exploding barrels run at you way too fast and the blast can touch you very easily and getting distance is difficult when the screen stops scrolling. Bullets EVERYWHERE, and the enemies can shoot through some of the obstacles, you can't. Your weapon always seems like crap, literally I don't like the flamethrower because it's just the shorter faster version of the machine gun or w/e you have at the start.

Maybe if the game had some type of upgrade screen or something to go off of. But else than that I guess it's good. I prefer minigore though.

16. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Having played both games, here are my personal thoughts.

Both Bob and Gore have their own at styles, so I'm not going to go into which one is prettier.

Bob has, as is quite widely touted in this debate, a story mode. In addition, it has survival. Gore doesn't have a story mode, it's survival mode being the core of it's gameplay. However, it does have unlockables, which increase the replay value greatly (at least for me).

After the most recent Gore upgrade, I'm more or less convinced that the developers intend to keep their word to update the game. As of now, I don't know anything of the sort for Bob.

Gameplay-wise, the weapons in Gore are more distinct. In Bob, I don't really see the difference between the machine gun and flamer in terms of usage. And the rocket launcher doesn't really have a wide blast radius, defeating the purpose of the rocket launcher.

Personally, Gore just works for me. I just enjoy the feel of mowing down the Furries effortlessly, compared to the many bullets you have to pump into each enemy in Bob. It's just something fundamentally different about the games. You really have to play them to notice the difference.

Now, before you call me a fanboy, let me say that I beta tested neither game, and I bought both. I honestly see myself going back to Minigore a lot more, especially to get the 1 mil kills. In addition, I more or less believe that the developers will follow up Gore, giving us more stuff to unlock and all. If Bob gives content updates, I may return to it.

All in all, if you don't have Bob yet, it's still a game worth buying. If you're trying to be frugal, then my personal advice would be Minigore. However, in light of all the differences, it's best to see for yourself and choose according to your own preference.

17. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Bob vs Bore?

It's unfair to compare Guerilla Bob v1.0.0 with Minibore v4.0

Wait until Bob has at least been updated twice so the devs could tweak some stuffs.

Remember how Minibore had so many glitches and problems? If you want a fair go, compare Bob vs Bore version 1.0.0

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Sounds like you've already done your comparison.

...I don't actually remember many glitches in Minigore though, I've had it since 1.0, it froze on me once but that's it. Are you saying Guerrilla Bob is glitch-ridden?

19. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    I like both games but have to go with guerrilla bob this time.

20. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Minigore has kept me coming back for at least a month now so is pod enough for me. As for Bob, it looks fun and I like the of a of a story mode.