Battleloot Adventure by Digital Tales

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DTales, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTales

DTales Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Hello again, Battlelooters!

We’ve made our way from the damp and dark corners of the Wizardry Forest to the captivating crests of the Academy at Cliffs Pass, so what shall be our next stop in this whirlwind tour of Kameloot?

Ahoy! I spy Cant Bay straight ahead!

[​IMG]

Creepy creatures, awesome aquatics, and a host of unknown mysteries lie at the bottom of this watery gulf. Want to see more? Just click on the puzzle piece above and venture to the Battleloot Adventure Facebook page!

Our next and last stop - The Underbelly!

Bon Voyage!

- The Battleloot Team

2. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    any release?

3. DTales

DTales Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Well, we're getting this question a lot these days.
    We could actually come up with a fantasy-themed excuse, like goblins assaulting our offices, but truth is we're currently working really hard on finishing touches and bug fixing.

Rest assured that Battleloot will be released no later than the second half of March.
    We'll get back to you with a more precise date once submission process starts.

4. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    has testing begun? and best of luck with everything ....this is a must have for me!:D

5. DTales

DTales Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    What’s Up Battlelooters!

What a journey this has been, travelling through the breathtakingly beautiful, fantastically filled, and often absurd kingdom of Kameloot. The journey has been wrought with strange creatures, epic enemies and wondrous sights. Now, we at last reach our final destination!

Tucked beneath the realm’s towering peaks and hidden at the foot of Kameloot’s deathly bluffs, moonlit waves brush against the Spartan shores of The Underbelly:

[​IMG]

Treacherous knights and arenas of doom await all who dare to pass through The Underbelly! Click on the image above and venture to the Battleloot Adventure Facebook page page to see more!

Bon Voyage!

- The Battleloot Team

6. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Release date? =D

7. DTales

DTales Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Hi Everyone!

We're happy to announce that Battleloot Adventure was submitted to Apple for review and is coming soon...
    ...So soon you can actually feel tension in the air... or is that the choking stench of Hairy Mountain Trolls approaching?!

As a special treat, here's a bonus video!
    This game footage will give you a taste of what's coming soon. Enjoy!

- The Battleloot Team

8. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Gratitude my good man

9. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Awesome news looking forward!!!!!

10. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Just AWESOME! I used to love this tap based combo system so THANK YOU for bringing it to the iOS! :D

Hm... just a thought. How long are the combos? I would love to chain together 3-5 moves with one character.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Holy shiz! I love what im seeing in the video!

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Loving the video. Can't wait it looks sweet.

13. DTales

DTales Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    As for now, players can to chain up to 3 characters into combos from 5 to 12+ hits. Of course, there is be a whole battle mechanic that dictates how many hits you'll be looking for, when attacking. A few related Feats, as well.

We didnt want to overdo it, at launch, so that everyone will be able to learn how the combo system works and master it.
    In time, we plan to update and expand the combat system. Well, that's if Kameloot gets the support we're wishing for!

14. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Trust me guys your game will get the support you r wishing as long you keep supporting the Game with updates:D:D:D

15. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #55 gunxsword, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    TA's front page articled surely would've got this game some hype :D.

I dunno if this has been asked, but will there be IAP in this game?

*Edit: read the front page article.
    "This is also tied to an IAP system, but I get the impression that it's just there for people who don't care for grinding."

16. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Can`t wait!!! :D

17. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Just watched the video, this looks awesome!

18. xswl

xswl Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Bought this and played it for a few minutes. Two issues:

1. I skipped through the tutorial and don't remember the color order and see nothing in game to get that info
    2. Not obvious how to upgrade my characters since "gear" is not clear what I have, looks like this should have been called "shop". Arena popped up after tutorial battle. Got killed quite easily (four enemies on "level 1"?). Lost 500 gold, no way to buy upgraded items. Going to get tired of grinding soon.

19. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    #59 JCat, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    Just grabbed this tonight after watching the video. I love these types of fast-paced tactical/RPG (Rune Raiders is another current favorite) games. I realize this does not take advantage of the new iPad's retina display, but graphically, it's still satisfying as are most games on this screen, retina or not.

The one problem is, the text that appears during the opening battles (in the large dialogue box) is way too small. I mean, I'm not a kid, but I do have 20/20 vision, yet I found myself straining to read this instructional text. Not sure if it was that beige/yellow background choice for the dialog box, but It's is quite a pain, especially considering how everything else in the game looks great!

Are you guys going to upgrade to retina? If not, can you raise the font size or something? I had to replay those tutorial missions a few times in order to reread those messages which are obviously needed to understand some of the battle mechanics.

Had to edit this: I looked back earlier in the thread and saw you guys posted a quick tutorial. At least I can read that, so now I have a better idea. :)