resident evil for the iPhone?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Xgamer1224, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xgamer1224

Xgamer1224 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    is there any expected release date or any information regarding resident evil for the iPhone?

2. touch32g

touch32g Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    i have the same question. id like to see what it looks like. if its over head view or first person shooter

3. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    what i read its over the shoulder, and a port/remake of RE: degeneration, a mobile game

there are other threads already on this.

4. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
  5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Wha...? Resident Evil's coming to the iPhone? This is one scenario where I'd rather play it with amazing graphics on my 360 :rolleyes:

6. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I think if Capcom ports Degeneration to iPhone, the controls would be annoying, even more so than RE5 or the ngage version. According to Pocket Gamer, this is an action game (like RE4 or RE5) so needs to controllable and i don't think it'd work very well on iPhone (don't even bother talking about BIA), but would like to be proved wrong.

Personally I think Capcom should port RE 1, 2 or 3 as the control scheme would work much better. Think about it - use the accelerometer to turn and have forward/back buttons in bottom left of the screen (similar to Payback). You could have another button for the gun, just include a simple lock on and its all good. I'd certainly pay $10 for ports of these classics!

7. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Wonder when this is coming out. Looks like Capcom is now looking into porting old videogames rather than making TV game shows.

8. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    not a resident evil fan

but id love to have this game if it comes out for ipod touch 2g and the graphics and controls are decent like brothers in arms

9. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    That ngage footage looks shabby compared to the resident evil 4 mobile clip doing the rounds on youtube...

Personally I would prefer them to release this for the iphone if they could get the controls right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX0kiXr-ebI

10. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Just want to tell u it's not advised to beg 4 promo codes(especially crap games) and no spamming war bout ur Spam threads. Nothing against you personally but no one likes a begger I was told the same thing. Srry some one had to tell u