Universal Sorcery 3 (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 22, 2015.

1. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Yeah, link works but I just get "this item is no longer available". Oh well. Not like I'm short of other things to play. :)

2. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

We've had some reports of this but can't figure it out -- some people have found that quitting the App Store app and trying again has fixed it.

3. Oscar the singing hobo

Apr 22, 2015
    I cannot wait for this game to come out. I am, at the end of part 2, equipped with tons of magical items, the legendary sword, about 12 rations, and over 120 coins.

Bring it, snakes! My honey-badger is ready for you!

4. esvath

esvath Member

Mar 5, 2015
    I managed to buy it! I am so excited to play this game. First impression : very good!

5. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    This has been happening for a while now, it usually corrects itself after a while... I mean the App Store is just a multi million dollar industry, we can't expect them to fix things immediately with that limited of a budget ;)

6. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Good freaking god dude, I'm the oposite: low on everything XD

7. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    How are the graphics?

8. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Not sure if trollin

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Read about this one and found out they're the same team behind 80 Days, which I own and love. So, I just completed my bundle and got 1 & 2 in there. I'm sure I'll be getting this one soon too. That open-worldness description in Shaun's review got me really excited. Man, Inkle, you guys do beautiful, entertaining work. Even down to the sound design and graphic transitions. As a video editor/motion graphics guy, I thoroughly appreciate it!

10. Oscar the singing hobo

Apr 22, 2015
    I just got the game and started playing it.

[​IMG]

It is amazing! The map is gorgeous, and the story seems to start off fast paced from the get go.

If Inkle is reading, I did have one question. Is the lack of the rewind feature permanent, or will it appear later in the game, after a certain number of play-throughs?

11. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Do the Sorcery games have iCloud support so you can play between devices? Thanks!

12. esvath

esvath Member

Mar 5, 2015
    You can rewind by tapping the big circle between Items and Spellbook, then drag the timeline to the right.

I must say that this is the best Sorcery that I've played. At Day Four, I have such exciting adventures! Very fast-paced, great story telling and allows such flexibility and variance in what I can do.

However, I got so many crashes when opening Items or Spellbook. I did not have any crashes with 1 and 2, maybe 3 uses more resources? I played at iPad 2, if that is matter.

13. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    do i need to try the preceding titles before playing this to understand the storyline or is it completely autonomous?

14. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    The four books/games each form part of a single story, with each game continuing directly from the one before, and gear/decisions carrying over between them. While you could play this one on its own, you really shouldn't, if only because you'll completely miss out on both the beginning and end of the adventure, as well as most of the context.

If you're interested in this series at all, you should really start with the first game and play through them in order.

15. Cheezzhead

Cheezzhead Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    #35 Cheezzhead, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    There are lots of secrets and hidden adventures in this game. In addition to the challenges on inkle's website (here), here are some additional puzzles (the first four were given by inkle during beta testing):

- Reach the summit of the highest mountain in the Horns
    - Explore the ruins under Kariamma with torchlight
    - Unravel the secret of the tombstone
    - Rescue the head in the mud

- Finish the game with 26 maximum stamina
    - Get buried alive
    - Encounter an old friend

Good luck :D

16. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

And one more from us:

Complete the game without using any beacons. (And if you can also kill all 7 Serpents, you'd better let us know. Even we haven't yet managed *that*.)

Enjoy!

17. darez

darez Member

Mar 18, 2015
    #37 darez, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Can't wait to start reading tonite!

18. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Every Sorcery installment is better than the previous. In preceding installments, I don't believe you could return to previously visited locations like you can now; major improvement, feels more open, less restrivtive. Overal, very enjoyable, with just one frustration: Perhaps I'm just missing it, but it wish there was a way to see which spell effects are active. Finding it frustrating when a lingering effect from a spell cast at a previous location nullifies the effect of the spell needed to solve a puzzle at a subsequent location, ie MAG cast before entering the Sorceres hut lingers well after it's cast and later counters the Chimney's slow fall outcome. Perhaps in this specific case it is intentional, a puzzle in and of itself, the MAG spell amplified by the location or something, either way, I would expect the normally dependable HOW spell would give some indication of the jeopardy, but in this circumstance, it indicates no issues.

A minor frustration, I'm totaly nitpicking at what is a truly an exceptional game, cheers!

19. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Sure that this game will be one of BEST NEW GAMES on AppStore tomorrow. It's very very amazing game...

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, I wish Inkle could get ahold of the Infinity Blade license too, and continue that universe with this very same game book mechanic. I'd love to experience that story some more, but only in the way Inkle can do it!