Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. BrandonOzborne

Aug 25, 2012
    Lol I always thought of star warfare as a chibi halo 3ps iono I like that the armor is similar. Nova's new armor is more or less like crysis armor in my opinion

2. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Ahh man, that sucks =.="

...but how the heck do you study maths on a computer? o___O
    The way I did it, I usually study for it well AWAY from any electronic devices...

3. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    I thought about the same: The edited armor here very closely resembles the armors from Halo, but I also feel that N.O.V.A's armors more seem like Thr Crysis series, because both the N.O.V.A and the Crysis games have multi-functional and very high tech suits, each equipped with special powers for each one. They also share an uncanny color similarity.

4. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    lol doing homework on an online textbook so why not post a reply here?:D

but anyway undead, there are practice quizzes on this website: http://www.glencoe.com/sec/math/fybh/na/alg1_index.html
    im in Algebra 1:D:D:D

5. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    wait superion, are you in high school or something?:confused:

6. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    This thread is dying...

7. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    This is actually still the most active of the threads that I'm currently subscribed to. Given that we're a relatively small community (in reference to the Star Warfare players on TouchArcade), we're comparatively talkative for a game which may be becoming a little stagnant.

I've started messing around in PvP a little just for something different, but I'm beginning to play this less in favour of Kingdom Hearts (might seem a little weird, but just a series I've been following ;)). Have most of you guys moved onto N.O.V.A. 3? I gave it another try yesterday, but I'm getting bowled over rather easily in multiplayer with my current skills >.>

8. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Yeah, multiplayer is kind of boring when there isn't a tournament on....

Not to mention the jetpack/rocket jerks. Have you encountered them yet?

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Haven't seen those horrors yet, but I was playing some kind of match with a red rifle that seemed to kill in one or two hits. Any idea what that thing was?

10. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    That would be a Railgun. You reloaded by stabbing it with a syringe, right?

Were you playing a game mode called instagib? It gives everyone railguns, and one shot kills.

11. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Proooobably that. I just joined any multiplayer room I could find to see what happens.

Suffice it to say, I got one kill...to about 5 or 6 deaths. Couldn't figure out how to move like I wanted to with the "run" button being right on top of the left stick, I'll need to think about what to do with that.

If I happen to run into any of you, aim for me!! I'll be a sitting duck as I currently am right now >___>

12. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    You can costomize the control layouts in.... Somewhere. I can't remember exactly.

What's your Gameloft Live name? I could join the match you are in, help you out a bit....

13. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Nah, thanks for the offer, but I should probably work through campaign a bit more and get used to the controls and weapons first. I've always been a bit of a flunk in proper first-person shooter games (my most successful attack strategy seems to be sprinting around in corridors and then running up and knifing people in the face >_____>)

I'm not on that often, but my Gameloft name is "undeadEXE" -- they didn't let me put periods into the username because it has to be Alphanumeric =.="

14. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    I always end up with a shotgun, even in this game. It is very powerful, though.

I also found the customizable control interface. You have to be IN a game (campaign or multiplayer) to access it. Press the pause button, then go to options>controls>customize interface.

Drag the buttons to move them around.

15. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Thanks! I've got a whole bunch of buttons on the right side of the screen for now, but I'll see how that fares when they actually pop-up (I stuffed the run button on the right side of the screen because it resembles the same position that I use for quickdrawing in SW).

16. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Overlapping the secondary fire button and the armor powers button seems to work well... You never have both on the screen at the same time anyway.

17. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I...don't actually know which of the two buttons those two are o___o;

Clearly, I need to play through more of campaign first -- I'm still very new to this game =.="

I'll hopefully catch you guys sometime soon in the near future on the game when I get into it properly -- currently on an RPG binge :D

------------

As a side thought, does anyone think it would make for an interesting video if one were to do a camera capture of how they physically play some games? I've been thinking about doing a video to show how my iPad and hands are positioned to quickdraw like I do in Star Warfare, but that may also be an idea for anyone who has a special control set-up in N.O.V.A. 3, or anything else which allows for extremely fast reaction times...

18. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    The secondary fire is the smaller of the red buttons (only shows up when needed) and the armor powers button is the one you hit to throw the guy out of the window in the opening QTE.

Fast reaction times? Having an iPhone helps :D

You wouldn't believe how fast I can do things with only a centimeter between buttons :D

19. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    So your reaction style is by moving your thumb as quickly as you can, I'm guessing? Yeah, an iPhone 5 screen will help immensely by minimising how much you have to move ;)

Mine's actually a form of laziness I developed from playing console games: after exercising my thumb by furiously mashing buttons in an assortment of minigames and rapid-fire shooters, I realised that you could get similar effects with much less strain by using two fingers, whether they be from the same or different hand.

With the weapon techniques discussed in Star Warfare, I'm usually using my thumb and middle finger of my right hand to simultaneously fire and change weapons on an iPad. In such a scenario, you might actually prefer a larger screen as opposed to a smaller one so you don't have to keep your hands cramped, particularly if you have bigger hands like me.

20. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    I have an average-sized hand... I never get cramps....

Maybe it's because I hold my phone like a controller for a console, with my forefingers resting on the top edge...