Greedy Dwarf [Beta Testers wanted]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SleeperCell, Jan 26, 2013.

1. SleeperCell

SleeperCell Member

Jan 26, 2013
    #1 SleeperCell, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Hi Guys,

I am working on a little game called Greedy Dwarf and as the name suggests it is about a greedy dwarf miner that collects gold in tunnels and caves. The game is somewhere in early Beta and I think now is a good time to get some testers on it for some valuable feedback.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Description
    You know, they called me stupid when I "borrowed" gold from the ol' hag in the forrest. They called me mad when I stole the big Cyclop´s gold pouch. They called me crazy when I grabbed that golden tooth from Cthulu. I wonder what they'll call me when find the Fat Dragon´s chest? You can call me greedy, I don't care.
    Are you ready lad? Follow me right into his bung hole!

Are you just as greedy? Will you risk your life to get that last gold nugget? Greedy Dwarf features 32 challenging levels that will keep you swearing under your thick dwarfish beard!

Features
    32 Levels
    Collect Gold and Speed Ups
    Platform Mode
    Gravity Shift
    2 Input Modes

Pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Info
    As you will be able to tell once you start playing, there is still some work needed to complete the project. Stuff like tutorial and music is still missing, so testing will be continues. There is stats tracking in the game so we will be able to follow your progress; where you die the most and how many pickups you collect. So just playing the game will give us valuable feedback. But we are still very open to feature requests and specific feedback. But I just want to point out that we are a small indie developer with extremely limited resources. =)

How do i Sign up? - REGISTRATION CLOSED AS OF 2012-01-28
    Devices supported are Touch/iPhone3gs,4,4s,5 - iPad1,2,3.
    You will need a registered Testflight account/device inorder to qualify for Beta Testing. Following this link will both help you create an account and sign you up for the Beta. This step is very important. http://tflig.ht/pgGudR
    At the moment we have room for 30 testers.

Finding Bugs
    Reporting bugs requires extra effort and is appreciated but not mandatory. A new build is pushed out once a week. You will recieve an mail to the email you signed up to testflight. Reply to this mail with any feedback/bugs you might have, following this simple guideline:

Device: (What iPhone and what iOS)

Level: (Level1 / Score Screen. etc)

Describe what went wrong: (what happened)

Steps to reproduce (very important)
    - Step1: Example: Load level 1,
    - Step2: Example Jump 45 times
    - Step3: Crash!

Thats it for now! Thanks for your help, it is very appriciated!

2. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Signed up! Looks promising, I'm sure this will be a lot of fun!

3. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    applied for beta tester

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks good I'm in

5. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Looks fun. I signed up as well.

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
  7. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
  8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Signed up... A rail-less mine cart looks pretty fun!

9. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    signing up!
    Looks fun, graphics are stunning.

Reminds me of DKC Returns, the Cliff world .

10. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I signed up, looks like a cool game!

11. Gl3n

Gl3n Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Signed up :) enjoyed beta testing for TTR so hope this is as good if they accept me.

12. SleeperCell

SleeperCell Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Hi Guys!

Thanks for the kind words! I really hope you like our little game. I am both looking forward to the feedback and afraid of it :)

We have reached 30 testers... a lot faster than I thought, so I am going to leave registration open a little while longer in case a few more people want to join.

Some of you have multiple deviced registered on your account. Due to Apple limitations for distribution, I will only choose one device per user. If you have a prefered device PM me with your name and device and I will make sure that you get the game on that one. If I dont get a PM, I will select a device myself. I hope that is alright with you guys.

A few of you have no device registered on your testflight account. This means that you have not gone through the entire registration process. To fix this you will need to visist testflightapp.com on your iOS Device and connect it.

On tuesday I will send out the first version of the game, so start warming up you fingers.

Cheers!

13. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Signed up, looking forward to it! :)

14. Beckio

Beckio Member

Jan 19, 2013
    I signed up, looks awesome! Can't wait for release :)

15. SleeperCell

SleeperCell Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Hi again guys

We have reached 40 testers, and thats well above what I had hoped for. So I am closing the registration for now.

I woke up this morning with a feature idea that I am going to try to get in for the build on tuesday. I want that to be part of your first experience. It might delay the build till wednesday but I will try my hardest for it not to.

Cheers!

16. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    That's ok, there's no rush. :)

17. SleeperCell

SleeperCell Member

Jan 26, 2013
    After a long nights work, the game went out to the beta testers. So if you havent downloaded. Go ahead and try the game.

And remember of you have any feedback, good or bad. Just reply to the install email and I will take a look at it and fix it if I can.

18. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Downloading...
    Going to check it out later tonight :)

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Had a run through and "two-thumbed up" the first 4 levels and I have to say i am loving how the game is pulling through.

I am replying to the install email with more specifics.

20. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Dammit! To late if only I could never work and beta test all day I would have more time to check this subforum! Dev plz pm me if u have any room
    Thx