What is your favorite hidden object game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CassieTheChaoticCupcake, Mar 29, 2010.

1. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

I know as a kid I always loved poring through the I Spy books and I kind of miss them! I looked up some images on Google and they're still challenging. THAT makes for a great hidden object game, and I'm glad they brought it to the app store.
    Contrary to what charts say, I don't really like the "Where's Waldo?" books, or the app for that matter. I think it's rather annoying and the art is rather cheap looking (but maybe that helps hide the objects). Does anyone else feel this way?
    As for non-name-brand hidden object games, I think the ones I have found most appealing are the Hidden Mysteries series and Sprill.
    I'd like to hear the community's take on these apps listed. If there are any more you'd like to bring to the party, you're more than welcome! :)

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Where's Wally?

3. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Still not a fan. It's boring. :p Lol. And are you supposed to find Waldo himself or his hat or the objects listed? It confuses me D:

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    lol, you have that over there in Australia too?
    Here in England it's also called "Where's Wally?".
    I thought it would be something like "Where's Sheila?" in Australia, lol :D.

Haunted Mansion is a good hidden object/puzzle game. Nice 3D graphics and pretty challenging.

Return to Mysterious Island is another good one.

5. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Ooooh! I didn't know it was called something different lol! And isn't Haunted Mansion a branch of the I Spy books?

6. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I can't remember the name but Mt Everest Expeditions or something like that was pretty good as well.

7. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

I loooove the Expeditions games! =) The artwork is so detailed! I just wish they had more levels per pack... :( None of them really have enough levels which has kept me from buying a lot of the hidden object games. I'm probably gonna buy Yard Sale next.

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I think we are mixing genres here. The Haunted Mansion that I know is an adventure game as well as Return to Mysterious Island. Yes you look for objects and clues but I think OP is asking for the type that make a list of the things to find and then you search the photos for them. Am I understanding this right?

If so, several Big Fish games fit the bill. (Buckingham Palace, Titanic, Everest etc)
    Newly released Love and Murder double pack - two games for a great price
    Little Shop World Traveler

--and I am sure a ton more. Fortunately for me I picked most of them up on various sales since they can get a little pricey but the ipod lends itself quite nicely to these kinds of games.

9. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

I'm mainly talking about the list-to-finders, yes, but I don't mind a little discussion on the more adventurous games that include finding objects in the process :) It's all fair game in this thread.

10. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Metal Gear Solid

11. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Your comments are so full of win today XD I should mail you a dollar...

12. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Titanic: Hidden Expedition.

13. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #13 Coldar, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    Everest: Hidden Expedition-finished and one of the best and I actually thought it had tons of play. Took me forever to complete it and played a lot.

Sprill-still playing and a great game.

Yard Sale-just bought it and loving it. Definitely worth getting.
    All noted within this thread.

Have looked at the other's but some are blurry when zoomed up or objects too small or have to repeatedly tap to get them accounted for or too dark of a theme. Think it was the Civil War one.
    I really check them out before purchasing.....lol

Big Fish has many HOG's as someone's already mentioned.
    Wished they would drop in price for a day or so on some of them.:)

14. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    But it's true. MGS is pretty much a point and click game on the ipod.

Would mailing a dollar cost more than a dollar?

15. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    I like Nick Chase: A detective Story and the Mystery of the Crystal Portal.

16. soupbandit

soupbandit Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    student
  17. Toytek

Toytek Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Games Developer
    Guildford, UK
    Hey CassieTheChaoticCupcake,

well the company that has really made big waves in this genre is Big Fish games worth a look if you haven't checked them out already!

However if you are interested in trying an unreleased new game that takes on an original twist to the hidden object type game I would really like to send you a beta test of our game. We have just finished our first beta testing and are getting ready for a second round beta test. I will be posting something up next week. but please PM me or take a look at our website :)

18. Toytek

Toytek Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Games Developer
    Guildford, UK
    #19 Toytek, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
    That was the second hidden object game that I played on the iPhone and I was suitably impressed with the image resolution.
    The first i played was National Geographic: Herod's Lost Tomb which was really poor on the image quality.

I never finished the Hidden expedition. How long did it take you to finish it?

19. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

I have heard of Big Fish; It's a pretty prestigious name in gaming and I've checked out some of their PC games in the past. And I took a look at your website. Looks like the app is off to a great start and I'd love to try it out. A PM will be coming your way shortly. :)