Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Wow what a surprise!
    I didn't expect a new update so soon.

Skeletons, spiders and bug fixes.

Happy with this :)

The bow and arrow will be fun too!

Does any one know if the seeds have changed or not?

2. Ace43

Ace43 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    ^ guy above me. Spiders and bows have been here since last update... o_O

I literally checked the AppStore 30 seconds before the TA app alerted me of the MC update....I demand an apology of lateness from TA, lol. :)

3. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    Yeah. I think TAers can be excited about this game now.

CHESTS ARE HERE! :D
    Beds, creepers, TNT!

Come on!

4. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    I got the update but where is TNT? In creative mode I can't see it...

5. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    Hmmm I can't see it in creative either, but I can see it in survival!

Put down a crafting table, then it's under stone sword.

6. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Will we ever see redstone? That's when I get really interested in the game...

Jamie.

7. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    You can make one in survival, it seems it is easier killing creepers because I find te character reaches farther! I'm also glad they added beds and chests!

8. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I am also very happy about the inclusion of chests. Easier to save goods in case of death!

9. DempseyRoll

DempseyRoll Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    nice update this will keep me busy!

10. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Based on my little knowledge of minecraft, you get farming seeds from grass right? I can't find any of that but is there any other way to get them besides going to creative mode?

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's now number 1 on the paid charts after being in the top 10 for months. Who would have thought? It's never been on sale before either. That brand name and those updates.

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Doesn't surprise me - the game is coming along nicely - I just wish they'd add a little more room, I feel really cramped in 255x255! Multiplayer is great too. (The fact that you store a local copy of any world you connect to is a nice bonus!)

13. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    #413 tim240, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    I found a way to farm! To me a while to realize that when you use a how on a grass dirt block, a green icon sometimes pops out. When ou dig out the block you get the seeds. May not work the first time but it definitely is there.

I'm talking about farming not the 'seed' where you put a word in the start of world creation.

14. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Planning on upgrading to full version of Minecraft PE, just a few questions:

Can someone explain what seeds are? From what I've read online they're some kind of mods

Can u make the world bigger with seeds or add underground cave systems? How extreme can seeds be?

How do u use/activate seeds?

Also, are they planning to make the world bigger because the lite edition seems small in terms of map size?
    Also, what is the Nether? I saw that the next update will add it to the pocket edition

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #415 drelbs, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    Seeds are what value is fed into the world generation algorithm, meaning that if you create two worlds with the seed "TouchArcade" they will start out the same.

There are lists of interesting seeds online in various places, there's even apps that has PE/regular edition Minecraft seeds & descriptions.

You cannot expand the world size in PE. I'm really hoping they expand it at least a little bit, that would be my biggest request for the app.

16. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Using an activating a seed on Minecraft PE is simple, you create a world and you'll be asked to name it and if you want to add a seed for the world generator. If you don't, you leave the box blank and hit create world. If you do, you type the seed in.

I believe they do plan on making the world bigger in the future, but not in the next update (0.5.0). In the full version, I don't think the world is any bigger than it is now, which is 255x255.

The Nether, on the PC version of Minecraft, is "hell." It has lava pools, and new mobs such as
    zombie pigmen, magma cubes, and Ghasts. The Nether isn't being "added" to PE as far as my
    speculations go, because reading the dev's tweets, theres something called a Nether reactor, which is very mysterious. All I can tell you, is, for the Nether addition, you'll be able to get the materials you would find in the Nether on PC on PE without actually going to the Nether using the reactor. The reactor consists of gold, iron, and diamond blocks, and in the next update, the only mob we'll be seeing from the Nether, as far as I know, is the zombie pigman. I reccomend to check out twitter.com/jbernhardsson or the Minecraft Wiki: Pocket Edition Upcoming Features pages.

17. xxwolf4xx

xxwolf4xx New Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Does anyone know wen a new update will come out??

18. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    November, and the update will add melons, mushroom farming, lots of bug fixes, zombie pigmen, glowstone, and a "nether reactor." Also the fog is less intense.

19. brohamtz

brohamtz New Member

May 8, 2012
    #419 brohamtz, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    To use Nether Reactor Core

◼=Cobble stone
    #=gold block
    #=Reactor

▫▫◼
    ◼◼◼ top layer
    ▫▫◼

◼ ▫◼
    ▫ # middle layer
    ◼ ▫◼

#◼ #
    ◼ ◼ ◼ Bottom layer
    #◼ #

Hope it helps #

20. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Can anyone tell me how to use/ build the nether reactor core?