Calling Touch Arcade community ....

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by beefyclyro, May 25, 2011.

1. beefyclyro

beefyclyro Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Hi Guys

My newest project is coming to an end. Im launching it with 64 levels to start with and have 6 left to do! I think this is my best game yet, it doesnt have the cutesy graphics so i dont think it will have a huge appeal but well, i like it :) Once the levels are complete i will finish up the menu, options etc.

However, what i do need is;

A new name
    Leaderboards on GameCenter

Its not a typical high scoring game so think i may have to come with something clever to let the player score!

You can watch me explain the game in the below video, please note the video is a bit jerky, the gameplay is actually a lot smoother than what this would have you believe. Also, on the video i talk at times like you can see the mouse, it doesnt make a huge difference but i had the mouse set not to show on the video! D'oh!

So if any of you have any naming ideas i would love to hear them, also, any ideas on how you would like scoring would be great also.

Thanks

2. beefyclyro

beefyclyro Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    1 method i have for scoring at the moment is the following;

Create a new game mode called 'Arcade'.
    In this version, each level you play has a set score that diminishes as time goes on.
    The quicker you finish, the more points you have, this will add to the total score which will go to GameCenter.
    The catch to this is you start with say 3 lives and when you miss a shot you lose a live until you reach 0 and this is game over.
    I will add some kind of feature where you can earn lives back.
    For this mode it will be a whole new set of levels and will be picked at random each time you start.