Pizza Boy vanishes from the App Store :(

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by awp69, Oct 30, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Posted this in the game's main thread, but thought it might get lost in the shuffle. So here's my PSA:

A tragedy has occurred my fellow TA members. Pizza Boy is GONE from the App Store!?!?!?!?! And I even tried downloading it again from my purchase history.

It shows up both in a search and in my download history, but try to download it and I get a message "The item you tried to buy is no longer available."

I absolutely loved this game and when I get a craving to play a retro platformer, this is usually on the top of my list. Unfortunately, I recently was moving some apps around and deleted it. BAD MOVE.

Urgghhh...I seriously hope it comes back.

And this, my friends, is why I get angry when Devs pull an app from the store and replace it with a new version (like the recent case of Arc Squadron). Yes, MOST of the time, you can get it from your download history, but this isn't always the case.

I don't backup my iPhone --- and yes, I know I should -- because my PC is an outdated POS and it takes forever. Not to mention the problems I have with it in general use. I don't have a loving relationship with iTunes either.

Anyway, another casualty. I hope we can find out why and if it will return.

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I can't download the full as I've got it on my device but when I tried the lite version is said it was temporarily unavailable and to try again later.

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Had it on my phone too. Phew!

AWP, did you have it downloaded on your computer?

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I seriously doubt it and have gone through some fresh installs of Windows due to computer problems. But I may check my portable drive. There's a slight chance that there'll be a copy on there.

5. That's a shame, Pizza Boy was pretty awesome. I'm sure it will come back.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sorry to say it but people please please back up! It's crazy when people don't backup their device. I mean you get 50 gig or is it 100 free with mega.nz

Use that to backup your apps. Crazy not to. We hear this kinda story every few weeks

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #7 awp69, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    You know what would be awesome. An app that allows you to backup to a storage site like mega.nz and others.

My problem is iTunes and my poor PC performance. So to jump on WiFi and be able to backup online? No brainer. I'm not sure Apple would allow it though.

I know there are apps that will back up contacts, photos and videos online, but none that will back up apps that I know of.