Universal Call of Duty Black Ops: Zombies (by Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MrSoloStudio

MrSoloStudio New Member

May 18, 2012
    I think iOS 6 is messing up with the sound effects....

2. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Im 100% sure i completed a round without walking, but the achievement 'lazy boy' wont record. How come, is it a bug? Or do I have to do something more?

3. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #663 Johnny101, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    After playing various zombie games I realize there's just something special about cod zombies, that makes it better than games like dead trigger and ny zombies. I think Bo zombies rock but now there seems to be a problem with mp. GC won't connect at all, says "can't connect to services" I hope they fix this issue. I really can't stand Game Center for connecting to mp play.

4. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I've been getting the can't connect to services on COD: zombies all week on Multiplayer. It's very annoying can't play online

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Don't get me started on GC...:mad:

IMO, GC has ruined the reputations, player bases, and likely sales of more than a few games, through no fault of the developers behind the titles...:mad::(:rolleyes:

DBC

6. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Totally agree,

Even 3 years ago playing CodWAW , Activision had their own servers and I could play on a regular basis with 3 and 4 player co-op. With gameloft it's very easy to play mp but with Game Center, it's horrible.

GC has taken all the fun out of black ops zombies. Wish Activision would provide their own servers again.

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I can almost guarantee you that with Forstall out of apple alot of things are going to change. I hope gc is one of them cause it really has the potential to be great. They need a deeper user experience like Xbox live

8. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    anybody able to connect anymore on co-op?? before I was able to play with one other person but now I keep getting " error on joining room" ?? talk about frustrating. I wish Activision/Gamecenter would get their act together for online play.

This is too good of a game to not have multiplayer :mad:

9. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    New update is out!! New achievements and new weapon: the crossbow.

10. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Yes the update is out for a new weapon but unfortunately the thing that matters is multiplayer and they haven't fixed that issue because the mp doesn't work.

11. Nyetek

Nyetek Member

Aug 18, 2012
    No/low sound in-game (not fixed by update)

And me makes three.

The music and sound works fine during the menus, but as soon as I start playing, there is only music and no sound effects. In fact, Ive noticed that there actually is sound, but its just so quiet that even at full volume you can barely hear it. As soon as you die and enter the menus again the volume comes back to normal.

I recently upgraded my iPad from iPad 2 16GB to iPad 3 64GB, and if my memory serves me correctly the game had this problem on both units. It could well be an iOS6 thing as I had sound issues with a few games when I first installed it (e.g. Gun Bros, Dungeon Hunter 2). However, Activision just released a new version of CoD Black Ops Zombies, and the problem was not even referred to in the version notes, let alone fixed. This is in contrast to nearly all of those other games like Gun Bros, where the sound problem was universal and fixed in the next update.

Anyway, is anyone else apart from curtis and ninjakid? Or can anyone think of a fix? It seems like a decent game, but not good enough so that I would want to retain it without sound methinks.

12. vesp67

vesp67 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Seriously activision! Fix the damn game and its bugs. Your updates are not helping at all!

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    "Error joining room" every single time! The multiplayer is completely broken!

14. realtalkmydude

realtalkmydude Active Member

Dec 4, 2012
    So did they even fix the sound probs I heard about? Cause I don't mind playing solo tbh but if there's no sound then that's a no go.

Thinking about picking it up since it's on sale.

15. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Will we ever see Shangrila and Moon on this app or what? I'm very displeased with the absence of these maps.

16. vesp67

vesp67 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I wish we had those maps....

17. GuiltysparkT

GuiltysparkT New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Error on joining room

I think this is absolutely a fantastic game but unfortunately whenever I go to play co-op it asks me wether I want to pick a map or vote a map, this happens ons both of the options, if I was to select vote it will start to auto match me to some players, then it will let me see the vote menu for about 5 seconds before saying 'connecting to online services' then it goes on to say 'error on joining room' if some one could help me then that would be very much appreciated.

18. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I'm having the same thoughts and feelings.

I'm not a CoD buff at all, but I Like having CoD Zombies on my iTouch, and it sucks that this game is just.... Bad.

I understand that Activision is handling Black Ops 2 right now, but for christ sake... Fix this broken game. It's still too laggy for my iTouch 4th gen, and its getting worse and problems keep showing up with every update.

I'll stick to WaW: Zombies

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Get dead trigger.

20. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Tough to argue at this point.