Mafia Wars pointless?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by obiwahn, Dec 14, 2010.

1. obiwahn

obiwahn Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Hi there,

I'm on level 40 in Mafia Wars for iPhone, my Mafia has 70 members and I earn more money than I can spend. If I fight someone the maximum I can get is $ 120,000 and 2 XP. So fighting seems pointless to me.

To me it seems that the only action left is to do jobs all the time and then wait till I regain energy to do more jobs. Is that the only thing left to do? Isn't it incredibly boring to press the 'Do Job' button all the time?
    Why should I have a big and strong mafia?

I don't get the point of this game. Why are there thousands of players?

Cheers
    Obiwahn

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It took you leveling all the way up to 40 to figure out the game is pointless? [​IMG]

3. obiwahn

Jun 6, 2009
    Um yes, actually it is not so difficult or time consuming to get up to level 40.

4. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I think I was bored to death after level 11-12, when I realized that doing jobs required too much thinking for my little brain and pvp was too exciting for my little heart.

5. obiwahn

Jun 6, 2009
    In my mafia there is a guy with level 1096. Are there people who press a single button for 200 days 8 hours a day?
    This is insane!

6. Kai555

Kai555 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    MW on iphone is no fun. Try the one on FB. I used to play it. Really2 addictive.
    I quit after >70k fights, level 480 sth.

7. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    yes, its utterly pointless. Its essentially a spreadsheet. There really isn't any game there at all...and that applies to the FB version as well.

Give me Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Flight Control, Silverfish, Monster Dash, Doodle Jump, UFO on Tape, or any number of other arcade score chasers any day over stupid crap like MW...

8. obiwahn

Jun 6, 2009
    alright then, but I think I still miss something in this game. there must be some more actions than just doing jobs....there must be a sense in fighting other mobsters...

9. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The point is to syphon away your cash, if you are stupid enough to fall for it. Don't be a dummy, dummy. Just say no to menu/text based MMOs. It's nothing but a vaguely disguised cash-grab scheme.