battle blasters - FTW

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Jan 21, 2010.

?

what is your favorite battle blaster character (and why)?

1. Maya

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Eno

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. B.R.O.C.

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Gabrielle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jerett

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  6. Animus

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  7. i havent bought the game yet but im opening the itunes app store right now to do so

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  1. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    hey guys its me again (yes, i do make a lot of threads)

but anyway, i recently bought a new game called battle blasters and it has become my favorite game to ever grace the app store (sorry labyrinth 2:()

ok so here is the gist. im trying to make myself better so if you have gotten this game, i wanna hear who is your fave character and why. if you havent gotten it, go buy it.

2. stan_j

stan_j Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    video games developer
    Toronto
    Easy to do Battle Blade + Quick Shot with Jerett

To perform an easy to do Battle Blade/Quick Shot combo with Jerett:

1. Align yourself with the opponent
    2. Tap on Jerett to release his Battle Blade
    3. Immediately after the tap fast swipe to fire a quick shot

Both the Battle Blade and the quick shot will fly towards the opponent. If they both hit, they will cause a double shot and a 2-hit combo. Try it!

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'm trying to beat the game on Hard so I can get B.R.O.C. but I'm a huge noob so I'm getting stuck.

As for my favorite characters, Jarett and Eno are the best.

4. stan_j

stan_j Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    video games developer
    Toronto
    You can only get BROC after beating the game on Supreme:(

5. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    quick offtopic question: what does FTW stands for? I just saw this word on the title of the thread so I asked ;)

6. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    For The win

7. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    #7 starmonkey101, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    im not too good myself, but im constantly practicing. i personally like eno because you have a little more control over his power shots. you have to strategically align his three shots to where you think your opponent will move too.

i also like maya, but her absorb power shot thing is not too helpful IMO.

jerett is solid and is the only character i cannot beat on hard difficulty using eno.

BROC is so easy because he is so big and easy to hit. if you have a fast character, you can easily avoid his ice shot.

gabrielle is a bit tough but with a good strategy, she is manageable. whenever she charges her red power shot, i stop everything im doing to try to block it back to her. if it hits you, it does quite a lot of damage. :rolleyes:

and lastly, anubis is also easy i think. if you have a fast person, you have an easier time to get away from his double shots. whenever he throws his arms up to blast his super red balls things, i just shoot him as much as i can.

so as eno, i have no trouble beating anubis, or broc. maya, gabrielle and eno are somewhat of a challenge. but jerett is tough to beat as eno.

i havent opened gab or broc yet, but i can tell that im gonna stick with eno and try to perfect him as much as possible

8. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    hey everyone im brining this thread back to life! i have convinced 2 people between yesterday and today to get battle blasters and they LOVE it! so everyone listen up and get this game! :D

9. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I don't have it
    convince me?

10. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Okay, why should I get it?

11. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    WHOO!

ok so its really just an all around amazing game!

do you guys need a gameplay explanation:

so you face of against an opponent on the other side of the screen and shoot things at them to defeat them. there is so much strategy in this, you wouldnt believe it. the controls are spot on and tons of replay value. 6 unique characters. 4 difficulty levels. facebook leaderboards with the promise of openfeint etc. later on. there is split screen multiplayer. (im also currently beta testing bluetooth multiplayer). can you guys just believe me when i say its my favorite game ever. also tons of replay value. :D

you can check my signature for reviews and videos. (check "B.L.")

12. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Okay, one more question. How much are you getting for advertising it? : D

13. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    nothing. nothing at all. i am a 16 year old kid. i just love the game to death and i feel bad that the game is not getting the attention it deserves. if you scour this site, you will find that EVERYONE loves the game. :cool:

14. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

He got me to buy it in the what should I get thread, and I have to say it is really good. When you get to some higher difficulty levels you get into some epic fights. Bluetooth multiplayer is also coming, which will be awesome.

15. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    sooo.... what do you two think?:)

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Well, I'm a 28 year old kid and can vouch that this game rules. It's sort of one of those games you have to play for a while, and then eventually everything "clicks", and then you can't stop playing. It avoids the problem that other fighters have on this platform, where the two characters fight in close combat and rely on hit boxes and pin point controls to be really fun. In BB it's more of a shootout, but it's still strategic and relies on your quick thinking and reflexes. You're not worrying about remembering combos, or fussing with dodgy touch controls.

Everything in this game just works so you can focus squarely on the battle. It's so easy anybody can play, but if you practice at it you learn all the little nuances and realize that all the characters are really unique and the balance between them is phenomenal. In fact, that's a perfect word for this game: balanced.

Perfect and simple controls, graphics that have a retro feel but are still impressive, balanced characters and gameplay. And FUN. Those are all the elements that come together to make Battle Blasters a true hidden gem. Oh! And love! <3 The secret ingredient. You can tell a lot of love went into this game, with how carefully and beautifully it's been crafted.

I was immediately attracted to the art style, and the fact that it was supposed to be "like a fighting game". If you weren't immediately interested in those two features, I could see how you may have missed checking out BB. It's also frustrating for me to see such an awesome game go unnoticed, but with all the games out there on a daily basis it's very easy for great games to slip by. If you've ever been interested in fighting/competitive games, I can almost 100% guarantee you will LOVE Battle Blasters. If you were never interested in those type games, but this particular game seems intriguing to you, I can say that it's a really high quality game for the price. If you ended up not being crazy about the gameplay for whatever reason, I still don't think you'll feel like you wasted your money on something, just that it maybe wasn't for you. This is definitely a polished and solid game.

I just can't recommend this game enough, I encourage anyone else out there that's already enjoying Battle Blasters to speak up in the various threads and let's start building a fanbase. If online multiplayer comes sometime down the road, we will have an epic time beating the crap out of each other. :)

17. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    wow! another long soliloquy! i love it! personally, i had never played anything like this on any platform ever. so i was completely new. an i love the game. playing it right now in fact. i have faith that this game will soon be super popular. i have surging feeling bout that. :D

18. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Hmm you got me. I'll pick this up tomorrow.

19. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    GREAT! you are gonna love it. tell us what you think after you play a little:)

20. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Wow I can't stop laying this! I just beat the second guy on supreme