Sudden changes in ranks???

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by cramzy, Jul 3, 2010.

1. cramzy

cramzy Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

One of our best selling apps, that's usually ranked at about #120 in the US AppStore, suddenly fell to #190 in several hours. I also noticed that some apps emerged out of nothing and appeared in Top 100...and these aren't even featured, popular or anything...they just appeared out of nothing.

So I was wondering if anyone else is seeing weird changes in ranks today?

Cheers,
    ILIYA

2. Crescent Flare

Crescent Flare Well-Known Member

I've seen it as well and was just as surprised as you are. I saw my app drop from around 60 to 200+ in just a few hours. It seems that everything is going back to normal now (if it hasn't already).

3. cramzy

cramzy Well-Known Member

Still not restoring here... Was your app stable at #60 before?

4. Crescent Flare

Crescent Flare Well-Known Member

My app is currently climbing ranks because it's being featured. I've also been looking at pac-man which was number 1 before it got moved to the 15th spot or so (right now it's back at 1).

This is all looking at the iPad rankings, perhaps the iPhone rankings are a bit more slow to restore.

5. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Was a stable 40-60 in japan for the past 2.5 weeks, suddenly dropped to 190 in the past day... then we jumped up from 190 to 70 in an hour, then fell back down to 190. Sigh.

6. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Same for us, Physics Gamebox dropped from #16 all apps (germany) to #101 games. Then went back up a bit etc. There´s definately a database error going on.

7. cramzy

cramzy Well-Known Member

Let's hope it's only a rankings error but not the brutal reality of significantly decreased sales. We'll find out in a few hours I guess.

8. Future777

Patreon Studio

The sales have been excellent, it was definately a database error. In Germany it´s also featured. Impossible to have such a massive drop when a promo is running.

9. cramzy

cramzy Well-Known Member

You got your sales report for yesterday (03 July) already?

10. Future777

Patreon Studio

Not yet, but the database issue happened yesterday already. I think it´s still not fixed. Now we jumped back to #22 in Germany.

Of course this error will influences visibility -> lower sales.

11. Uptown Arts

Uptown Arts Well-Known Member

Piano Cats took a 40 point dive yesterday, then recovered today.

Sales were pretty normal.

12. Breakdown Studios

Breakdown Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    3D artist
    Outerspace
  13. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States