Can We PLEASE Have an MMO/Code/Spam Section of the Forums?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by gekkota, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    As others have pointed out, the number of people posting codes for all the MMOs that seem to be cluttering the app store is overwhelming. It makes it tedious and time-consuming for people who just want to read about regular games; I doubt that most Touch Arcade members want to wade through all the spam in order to get to the legitimate posts.

I believe that people who are desperate enough to post codes looking for friends--and dumb enough to spend money on "respect points"--should be given their own little corner of this forum. Kind of like a "special ed" classroom for gamers.

If you agree with me, please contribute to this thread. Maybe the mods will finally listen...

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I agree, but a thread was just made like this in the site feedback section (where it belongs) so you might get yelled at soon :p

3. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I agree, but next time post this in the Site Feedback and News section of the forums...

Edit: Zincous beat me to it...

4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Oh, the irony...

5. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Can we also please have a place where people post feedback about the site. I don't know maybe name it site feedback :p
    But really if you are going to post this sort if thread you should at least post it in the right area.
    All sarcasm aside I agree with you that they should have their own area or be blended with services for trade.
    LOL in the couple minutes it took to post this I was beaten to it multiple times XD

6. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

for what it's worth. I totally agree that it's annoying to wade past the MMO threads and I never go to the site feedback section.

7. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    and lots of people have said it should happen in the other thread in site feedback !

maybe with this thread and the other it will actually happen :)

8. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    +1. The store is cluttered with MMO's and so are the forums :(

9. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    Site Feedback section? Didn't know there was one, but I certainly agree that my post belongs in the feedback section instead...
    On the other hand, I'm sure I am not the only one who has never read the site feedback section--and my post probably would have gotten more responses (and probably more attention from the mods) had it remained where it was originally posted...
    Anyway, I really hope the issue is addressed soon. (The issue of too many spam postings, not the issue of me posting in the wrong section! :rolleyes:)

10. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Your number is 149.. not sure anyone else is still active here other than Arn and Blake :) and you didn't know. Most of the code threads are from new members.. do you really expect them to know more than you do and post in the right section? I am guessing that is the reason.. too much work for the mods.

11. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    i agree the iphone games forum is getting spammed up by all the codes threads from the mob games

12. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    and its getting worse by the minute

13. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    They make me want to puke myself, especially when people's usernames are their code. TA was never created to be a hub for MMO players to get codes from different people. There are other sites for that but this one was meant to actually discuss and review games.

Even though I think there should be absolutely no "Add Me" threads, at least some of the MMO players are trying to consolidate all those threads into one large one for each game. As more games pop up though, I could see these useless threads getting out of hand. I have to acknowledge that some of the people that do play these games are at least trying to give us less crap to sift through though.

14. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Maybe the game forum should start splitting up into genres -- puzzle games, rpg, mmo games, etc. There's the problem of definition when it comes to some games though.

15. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Dear God please...let there be a separate MMO board. Those of us who play one or two of them could finally post without bothering everyone in the gameplay section. Also people could talk about strategy there too.

Only thing is, I am sure the mods would still be working hard to move the junior's posts to the MMO board but even still...there is an inescapble conclusion. TA really does need a separate board for them now.

16. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    #16 BulletDev, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
    I agree. Also I couldn't help but notice that you're the oldest active member on this site (you joined way back). Cool.

17. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    And one of the oldest age-wise, too....but I'm not gonna talk about that!
    :cool:

18. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Yay...I used to love special edd class.....

Seriously though it would be nice to sweep all that MMO crap into a nice little corner...away from the rest of us.

19. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Yep. Pull up the couch and join the club.

20. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I;m in favor of having a seperate section for MMO etc.... cause those threads jam the games forum.....
    Add a poll btw