Screenshots, suggestions, and such for Lunar Smoke

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kamazar, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #1 Kamazar, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
    Update: Work is picking up. The release of Lunar Smoke is becoming a bit more... well, let's just say it's getting there. New screenshot up. More to follow.

[​IMG]

Everything below is either subject to change or already has changed. Stay tuned for updates.

Ok, so most of you guys read the thread I started when I talked about how I would blog about my creating a game called 360 Overdrive with GameSalad. Turns out, I'm lazy when it comes to blogging, or, well, most responsibilities. I ended up scrapping the game. It just wasn't working out. A couple weeks (well more like a month and couple weeks) later, at around 11 pm or so, an idea for a game struck me. A week or so later, Lunar Smoke is born... well, 10 beginner levels, at least. Anyways, here're a few screenshots. I'll try to set-up a video later. If anyone knows a free Mac video converter that supports .swf files, let me know. Jing ain't being very friendly with me. Enjoy ;)

Basic Premise: Get from point A to point B. From the launch pad to the landing pad (just a random platform to the grey slap). I plan to add at least another mode or two by release. Something like "knock the block building to the ground" or time trials. Don't know how I'll implement high scores, though.

Expect it when?: I honestly have no clue. When the first working build of GameSalad gets released and when I get a new iPod to test the game with.

Suggestions: I'm open to them. Tell me what kind of enemies you'd like to see, what kind of obstacles you'd like me to make, what kind of modes you'd like to be integrated. Just keep in mind that I'm limited both graphically and logically ("programming" wise). Time-wise, well, I start school the 18th of August, and I place that just a little higher on the priority list, so updates then will be like every other month. Get your suggestions and ideas in now while I can still work 'em in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I'd have to see a video, I've got no clue what I'm looking at, except physics.

Awesome stuff you're putting together Kamazar :D

3. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    If you read the entire post, it says you can play a computer version.
    I woulda done it but...

1. You have to download it and I didn't want to.
    2. I'm canadian.... No promo codes for me. :p

4. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    I actually edited that in afterwards, and it's just a plug-in, but oh well. Hopefully Apple makes promo codes universal sometime soon...

5. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    No questions, suggestions or requests? You guys inspire me so :rolleyes:

6. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
  7. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    I downloaded the Gamesalad plugin.
    What next?

8. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    What OS are you running? Windows isn't supported :( If OSX, download it, double click said download when completed, there's a installation wizard that'll run you through it. Then just re-start the browser, and your set.

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Love physics games.

Graphics could use either some shading, or at least some edge highlighting or texturing.

10. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    #10 Kamazar, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    Hmmm, I'll probably have to use vector graphics to do that since almost every single level is a different size. Definitely doable, though.

Tried using a subtle gradient for the ship, but it came out resembling a... well, *cough* :rolleyes: I'm picking up a Wacom tablet later today, though. It comes with like 3 different programs, one being Photoshop Elements. Shading, texturing, whatever, should be no problem ;)

Oh, and only about 20-30 levels will be focused around purely physics, but in some of the basic Point A to Point B levels, I'll be definitely implementing them in the gameplay (and you need a little physics to navigate your ship).

11. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Restart the browser?

12. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Quit Safari, then open it again.

13. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Ooooooo
    Okay thanks Kamazar

14. swigo8

swigo8 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Pocket God island (NYC)
    when does it come out?

15. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm leaning towards 2 months, give or take, but like the original post stated, I really have no clue. It's up to the guys at Gendai Games (devs of GameSalad).

16. dragmor

dragmor Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Cool looking forward to it

17. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    just played your online level the physics seem off or was this on Jupiter :p ? but it reminds me of outer space a little but with two month of work it should be great like the idea hope its more puzzle than maze though?

18. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Keep it up Kamazar! Dont abandon again! looks really good!

19. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    doin good kamazar, im hoping that gendai releases somethin soon so i can play your game on my ipod!!!

20. 5ku112

5ku112 Active Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Posting n here to announce that I am (very minimally unfortunately as I am not a registered developer) supporting this game and am watching this thread for updates on his work.

Good job kamazar! Can't wait to test it on my computer tommorow!(as I am typing on an iPhone as you can tell)