Liberty Boom! Fast reflexes. Patriotism. Explosions.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by magnatemobile, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magnatemobile

magnatemobile Active Member

Feb 6, 2009
    #1 magnatemobile, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    Liberty Boom is a game of fast reflexes, patriotism, and explosions. The game was conceived around the Fourth of July holiday this year, and contains twenty US city skylines and six original music tracks. More cities are coming in future updates.

YouTube video:

Gameplay: Liberty Boom is a bit like Tap Tap Revenge, but inverted. Fireworks shoot up from the bottom of the screen in one of four columns - tapping the circular "tap zone" at the base of that column blows up the highest firework (which is designated by a rotating target).

Points are scored on how high the fireworks get before you explode them. The catch is that aircraft (planes, helicopters, blimps, and UFOs) fly across the screen, and hitting these causes you to lose points. Also, blowing them up too early (below the threshold) will cause you to lose points. But hitting bonuses gives 2, 3, or 4 times the normal amount. The crowd meter at the top lets you know how you're doing - if you reach the end of the level and the crowd meter is in the red, it's game over.

You can also use tilt control to adjust the speed of the aircraft, but be careful! Slow in one direction means fast from the other.

The game is currently in review and (hopefully) coming very soon. I'll add the App Store link here as soon as we get it. The game will be released at 99 cents (USD) for a limited time.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Follow Liberty Boom on Twitter (we'll be announcing the game release there when it's approved): http://twitter.com/libertyboom

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #2 Kamazar, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    What, so you can't blow up the blimps? I was looking forward to reenacting the Hindenberg incident. Looks cool, nonetheless. Looking forward to it :D

Edit: Apparently you can, you just don't get any points for it :p

3. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    ahhh, ill just tap like crazy :D

4. magnatemobile

Feb 6, 2009
    Thanks Kamazar!

And it's totally your prerogative to blow up the blimps. It just makes it harder to get a high score! And in higher levels, the game will get frenzied enough that you almost can't avoid blowing up at least a few - say, 1, 2, or 30.

5. ObsidianKt

ObsidianKt Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I was a beta tester for this app. It's a simple but fun game. Pick up & play style. Quick and challenging gameplay. Beautiful graphics and soundtrack. Online Leaderboards.

Basically the goal is to detonate the fireworks/rockets at the highest possible point threshold by tapping on a tap zone (rockets fire up randomly) without hitting any of the obstacles--unless of course it happens to be a bonus multiplier. Detonate to early or too late and you lose points. If you keep the crowd happy, you move on to the next level. If not, game over.

The game gets incredibly competitive and addicting after a few levels, which makes the leaderboards great.

Definitely worth its 99ยข introductory price.

6. magnatemobile

Feb 6, 2009
    Liberty Boom has been approved by Apple! I'll be posting to the new games section once I have the App Store link.

7. magnatemobile

Feb 6, 2009