Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    #2721 MaLiesa, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    HOOKED, I'm crossing my fingers for you!!!!

2. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Congrats Girlpower been waiting to see if you got one all day. I am happy for you. I got my second one after a 36 hour in the epic cave this evening at 4:00.

3. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I did get it with a love and panlong many failed ones.

4. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Oh p.s. if your game center ID is different than the forum let me know in the message so I know who needs the gems

5. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Yeah!

6. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    well looks like i missed out on the leap year dragon...

7. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks atilla....silly I know, but I already love it and it's not even born yet...
    All my challenges are special to me...except one - My first Sandstorm....known on here as ‘Thorn' in reference to it being one in my side or butt oops :)
    I even starved it for 2 days....that felt good LOL

Then FINALLY getting my second sandstorm ( all credit to the lovely MaLiesa combo) well that ones another special one and named ‘MaLiesa' hehe

Well done on your second LY Dragon.....whoa you lot are on a roll here

8. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks TIMELESS, appreciate your thoughts and well done to you too on your second....a second one would be a pinch me I am dreaming moment, I am still
    digesting my first....keep admiring my golden egg, it's plain but pretty ;)

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Are you sure?

Hey both Osujxu and Amsterdam....do you know for sure though.
    Is it gone from your egg markets?
    can you confirm first

If so, I am sooo sorry to hear this :(

10. atilla

atilla Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Yeah, read about Thorn, which I'm still not focusing on getting yet due to the love dragon and LYD mania. Just started playing for less than a month. :D

BTW, i think I already added you, have you accepted it? Want to see your islands :D

added you to MaLiesa..

btw my GC ID: ainocencio :)

11. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nice work

Thanks MaLiesa :)
    Whoa girl, you got another one too WHOO HOO nice

12. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I give up.

I tried literally every combination except those that involved Earth/Lightning, because I feared that getting a Crystal would absolutely ruin my chances.

Well, since nothing else worked, I caved in and bred my Blue Fire with my Crystal, as this combo has worked for some people.

I got a 24 hr timer.

FML, guess I was not destined for a LYD. 96 gems, all wasted, and starting from scratch again for that EBI...

Or maybe backflip is simply taking revenge after I managed to breed my Rainbow Dragon the second day playing the game.

13. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2733 girlpower, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    Nope, didn't get the request, but my name isn't exactly the same as my forum name so will send you a friend request now ;)

I see you got it, cheers

14. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Oh noooo :(
    Really sorry.....was about to ask if you still had one cave to use, but see you only have the one and now its tied up for 24 hrs.

This is why I stayed clear of this combo and pan/love (got bitten with 36 hrs)
    Even mud/blazing made me remember that's how I got my first Panlong so stopped with that one too.

I know seaweed/firefly is a great rainbow combo but it never worked for me in the past for that purpose, so I settled on that combo cause it gives short fails too.... ended up being the right decision for me, but always easy to say in hindsight.....

How many GC DV friends do you have that could sent you gems to maybe help speed the fail up, but would you have enough time left to try a different combo anyway???

Happy to send you a friend request and gem (have to wait another 3.5 hrs though), may not help your LY Dragon but could go towards your EBI?
    If your GC ID is different, let me know......again, I feel sad for anyone who ends up missing out....not fair BS!

15. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Oh, yeah, I know. I recognized that, too, which is why I tried going for combos that avoided anything longer than an 8hr wait. But I had to cave in since everything else didn't work, but now I'm stuck with this 24hr timer.

Oh well!

Anyway, my GC ID is different from my TA username, but thanks for the offer!

16. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Woohoo!

17. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    I got it, thank you. You should have a gem coming ;)

18. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Tilt, add me...I will send you a gem, it's only one but if everyone sent one it could help.

19. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Just tell me your tilt in the message! I can send one now.

20. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Second LYD

Well, I can confirm a second LYD is possible. I got my first LYD right away on my second try with a Scorch/Mud combo. Then I spent the rest of yesterday trying to get a second and gave up after reading that people were doubting a second was possible. Then I saw on the Dragonvale Wikia that two of the admins got second LYDs with the Love/Water combo and decided to give it a try. My first two or three attempts were with both L10 Love/Water and it did not work. I then decided to level up the Water to L15 and my next attempt got me my second LYD.

However, during this quest I used most of the 250 or so gems that took me forever to collect. I was trying to save them for the next item that Backflip comes out with that costs gems to purchase (like the breeding island.) Oh, well, at least I got the second LYD. Not sure it was worth it but it sounds like not many got two of them.