Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Did you mean to post that on another game we both play? >.>

2. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    You divided 665 by 0.28 in your head?

I don't care if your calculations were slightly off, it takes someone hardcore to even try that o__O

3. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #4643 undead.exe, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    你懂中文吗。我们一起老天一点儿吧!

(that's pushing the limit of what I still remember >.>)

4. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Newsflash

Made rank 12 without even noticing :)
    Crab is only 6.5m away from final upgrade. 2/3 there for buying the LIT.
    That Cygni speed experiment might have to wait a bit.

5. jz1025

jz1025 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Hey undead.exe, do u used to play a mmorpg called goonzu?

6. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Nope... Or thats at least not what were talking about... I think...

7. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #4647 undead.exe, Jul 31, 2012
    JK, I think that question was directed at me >.>

@jz1025: No...that's probably a different person who might have had the same username. As distinct as it is, I don't think I'm the only person who's using this one :/

-------

I don't even know what "Goonzu" is, to be honest =.="

8. jz1025

jz1025 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I'm kinda new btw and have been reading the forum for help so thanks guys. Currently rank 10 with full pagesus armor and fully upgraded m27. What's my next weapon choice? Also saving up for the unlimited ammo pack, is it worth it? Thanks

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #4649 undead.exe, Jul 31, 2012
    Depending on how you use it, the M-27 is arguably the only thing you'll really be "needing". From here on out, it's more about fleshing out your playstyle with supporting weapons that you like using. If you haven't bought them already, the Nova and the Crab are commonly recommended as supporting weapons alongside the M-27, as neither of these weapons have speed penalties. While the LIT07 similarly falls into this category, it might not be your first choice if you're saving your mithril for something else. The reason it's recommended sometimes is because its calculated damage output is slightly higher than the Crab, while its energy cost is lower.

Edit: It's also possible to change from the M-27 to a completely different weapon as your primary one, if you feel like it. We've got a couple of laser cannon users, and JediKnight's a Trinity user, but it's really down to your preferred playstyle. At this point though, no single weapon is stronger than the M-27 for taking down bosses (there are two weapon combinations I can think of which result in a higher damage output than the M-27 when used as pairs, but you need to practise a bit to use them properly - both involve railguns, which are notoriously hard to use).

While I'm personally not too fond of the FREEDOM bag (the unlimited ammo bag you're talking about), there are quite a few players who like using it: I've met a player on another forum who was particularly adamant about it saving ammo costs to the point of getting a little uncivilised. I will say that it's potentially useful for players who like using high-energy weapons and/or spraying constantly, but it's less useful for M-27 users who control their ammo usage -- in that case, you might be better off with the SAM bag, if you're trying to increase your profit margin (the 25% gold bonus will completely outstrip your ammo costs if you're fighting bosses in a 3 player match).

10. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    #4650 JediKnight, Jul 31, 2012
    I do understand chinese, we should. But instead of 天 is should have been 添。I am still your master. *Kooper*Wait nevermind, we said we should chat a bit but put it in pretty awkward so I misunderstood it. >.<
    你懂中文吗。我们一起聊一会儿天吧!Still sounds funny. >.<

11. jz1025

jz1025 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    thanks guys, ya i'm still using an assualt rifle to pair with the m-27 so want to upgrade to a speedier, stronger weapon. as for the pack, still cant decide on the freedom or the one you were talking about. thanks a lot for the advice, what times do you guys usually play?

12. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Ahh well. Gotta get back to my roots later, I've forgotten just about everything else >.>

13. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    没死,:p 两个railguns can be better than the laser cannon and M-2781 combination. Or is it the other way around?:rolleyes: I don't quite get the raigun combo...

14. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Most of the people here seem to live in the US, so things seem to get active in about 5-7 hours from now. By the way, if you haven't already, join the Players's Group on TouchArcade, that's where all the matches are being organised:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=559

Getting the Freedom won't kill you, I suppose, but it looks most effective when paired alongside the Crab: while the M-27 fires faster, the Crab has some splash damage, which allows you to hit multiple enemies at once with a single projectile. Similar story with the LIT07, except it pierces instead of splashing.

If in doubt, check the store again and see whether you want to try out any weapons with high energy costs. If none of them appeal to you, you might not find that much use for the Freedom, unless you wanna spray the M-27 like a mad-man (let's face it, who wouldn't wanna be the spitting image of death? :p)

15. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    I edited my post, it should be different...

16. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #4656 undead.exe, Jul 31, 2012
    Regarding the bits and pieces about Chinese in your earlier edited post: reading and writing isn't my strong suit, I'm better suited to conversational styles of Chinese than formal writing >.>

Regarding the weapon combinations: using the two railguns together theoretically results in a damage output of 5600dps. The way this is possible is because if you fire a railgun and then switch to another weapon, the second weapon will fire for a short duration. If you do this with a railgun, it causes the second sniper to immediately fire a shot without you needing to tap the right stick. To repeat the combination, however, you need to tap the fire button again (i.e. you cannot simply tap the right stick once, and then keep switching between the two rifles to achieve an absolute continuous rate of fire).

For the record...based on what I understand of musical timing, it's feasible for someone to switch between three weapons in 1.5 seconds. If you added the RPG-31 into the combination, theoretical damage output then jumps to 7350dps.

...the only problem? Good luck hitting anything properly while doing that: hitting the same target with two sniper shots is hard enough, now try throwing an RPG into the mix - all while you're trying to switch weapons and keep the enemy in your crosshairs at the same time >___>

Any more weapons than that, and I think you'd need longer than 1.5 seconds to cycle through them all - as soon as the denominator increases, dps starts falling quite drastically.

17. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    While I agree that the M2781 is the best weapon overall (Cost, Effectiveness, Ease of use), Undead also pointed out that there are combinations that can outdamage the M2781. Personally, I use both the cannon and the R700-AA (Did I get it right?) to do so. I want to point out a few things: While combinations require practice, they are effective. If you can master a combination, you're set. I have to say myself that I've seen a lot of players who use the cannon, but the two current ones in our forum have completely different playstyles. Lastly, I am unique! I never want to be replaced, I am the lasernaut, beeyotch!

I still haven't gotten suggestions for what to do with 520,000,000 gold and 750 mithril. Note that I have the Lit, Cannon, Trinity, Lightbow, Black Stars, R700, Cygni, FLOAT, Energy Glove, and Morpheus already.

18. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    I am also unique.:p Trinity users are rare.

19. jz1025

jz1025 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    thanks man. i will definitly take your advice under consideration. im leaning towards the crab since its non mythril.

20. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #4660 undead.exe, Jul 31, 2012
    Allow me to pose a counterargument: weapon combinations require maximum efficiency in switching weapons and maintaining aim in order to maintain their theoretical dps. As strong as they are in theory, every single pause in the combination lowers the damage output - be it slipping up on your controls, or needing to disengage your weapon to dodge an attack. The combinations involving intermittently-firing weapons are particularly prone, because missing with a single shot of a high-damage, slow-firing weapon results in a drastic decrease in damage output.

Does that make them more risky to use than the M-27 alone? Quite a bit. Is that going to stop a few of us from using/trying to master them? Probably not. So go right ahead if you're feeling adventurous :p

As for purchase choices? Just buy out the bloody store already >.>