Universal Forever Lost ( by Glitch Games )

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GlitchGames, Oct 1, 2012.

1. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Version 1.2 of Forever Lost ( which includes a fix for the Clock puzzle ) has just been approved and we realised that we still have some promo codes left for 1.1 so before we release the new version please use these codes quickly:

WXJKEK7TLMXM
    RT6PHFJYRA9J
    PP7EXLRL3KJH
    THE64FLNL3P7
    M7XYREERTKYL
    4WLJ6YXHAJHN
    RWNHT6R764M6
    FK9W9XTJFK6F
    7MRY7PLM7HYH
    KMF3MTPMR3H7

2. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    The new version is out now so you should be able to update any time now.

3. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Forever Lost is free for Halloween! Just for today and tomorrow so if you haven't already picked it up please consider doing so now :D

4. NaiveCynic

NaiveCynic Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    This was a fun little adventure game. The atmosphere was a bit tense, but at the same time nothing frightening or particularly jarring happens. Good if you were shooting for a PG rating, but things are a bit tame for the "trapped in an insane asylum" angle.

The puzzles were pretty well thought out but were mostly easy to moderate in difficulty. I wouldn't have minded a couple of head scratchers. More frustrating, perhaps, but also ultimately more satisfying.

My main criticism is that I didn't feel particularly invested in solving the mystery. The few scattered journal entries were a good start, but most of the time I felt disconnected from the story. A little more revelation of the mystery piece by piece would have felt more gratifying, but you don't know too much about what's going on at the end than you did at the beginning. Granted this is only the first chapter, but felt more like a prologue.

This is also mostly personal preference, but I also wouldn't have minded a little more monologue from the main character to get into their head and flesh out their personality better. Again, that's mostly just my preference and I'm not dinging you points on that count.

Overall a solid start and I hope the future installments improve on this promising foundation. Good luck and best wishes! I'll be keeping an eye out for the next chapter.

5. sstackho

sstackho Member

Aug 20, 2011
    #165 sstackho, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    Is there something major that I am not getting with this game, or is it just insanely buggy? Every few taps, I end up back in the starting room. For example, I will be in the nursery and I click on the puzzle on the floor, and then all of a sudden I am staring at the mattress in the starting room, or those pills. This happens over and over.

6. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thank you for getting the game and taking the time to leave this feedback, really appreciate that!

We are going to be putting more focus on the story parts in episode 2, we didn't want to go overboard in ep1 in case that wasn't what people wanted but based on feedback so far people would have liked to see a little more so we will happily provide what the people want :)

Getting the difficulty right seems to be a balancing act as different people want and expect different things, maybe a monkey island style mega-monkey mode would be required in ep 2?

We have started work on episode 2 which you can follow along with on facebook and twitter, all feedback and ideas etc are encouraged so please get involved :)

7. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    That sounds like a bug that was in version 1.0 but has since been fixed, what version are you playing?

8. Tommy141

Tommy141 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Just completed ep 1 and it was great!
    One thing :
    can you actually rescue the person in the iCeption game? I went through the bookcase at the start of chapter 3 and couldn't tell him I'd found a way out.

9. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Glad you liked it!

Sadly you can't go back to save him however he may make a surprise appearance in episode 2 :)

10. sstackho

sstackho Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Version 1.2.

Must. Resist. Glitch Games joke. :)

11. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Very strange, that bug certainly hasn't been seen since 1.0. You should be able to fully quit out of the app via the multi-tasking bar and then reload to solve the issue. All progress will have been saved.

12. sstackho

sstackho Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Thanks. I tried it again after the forced shutdown, and it seems to be working OK.

13. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Glad it works now! Sorry for the trouble caused, we're looking into seeing if we can reproduce the issue.

14. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
  15. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Finished it a couple nights ago, wow! Great! Can't wait for the next one!

16. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Glad you liked it! We're working on ep2 as I type :)

17. PhoenixGate

PhoenixGate New Member

Nov 7, 2012
    #177 PhoenixGate, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    Game Impressions

Just finished it. Brilliant game, see my review I posted in the app store. I definitely got chills at the plot twist at the end. I never expected an adventure/puzzle game of this caliber for the iOS. I only had to use a hint twice,
    when you had to set the two clocks to the same time, and when you had to wait to see the screensaver on the computer
    Game really makes you think. Can't wait for episode 2 to see what happens next!!

18. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boomshakalaka

19. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Seriously can't thank you enough for saying such nice things, when we were making it we were certainly proud of it but really wasn't expecting such a great response from people. It really means a lot to us!

We're working on ep2 as we speak and are planning for it to be bigger and better in every way we can :)

I assume that means you would like a promo code :) One is on its way to your inbox.

20. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I'm having a problem... I went into the room with he iPad, found he gem in the video game, exited that game, and then went back in,and can't get back out again... HELP