Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Can the Vita play PSP download games? I ask because my copy of Uncharted 2 for PS3, I think it was, came with a code for several PSP pinball games. I may eventually end up with a Vita. It's extremely unlikely I'll ever buy a PSP. So I'm wondering if I should keep the things around or just delete them and forget about it.

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

If by PSP download games you mean the PS Minis, then yes, they're all there in the store.

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Delete what? The Psp games? You can if you want to and always redownload them later. Yes the Vita plays downloaded PSP games off PSN, however at this moment it's not 100% compatible. Some games are available off the Vita store, some games need to be purchased on a PS3 then transferred to a Vita, others(not very many) just dont work at all.

4. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

US, not sure about Canada, sorry.

I ended up getting Smart As and Silent Hill, hope their half decent for the price.

5. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Just tried Book of Memories demo. It's ok. It's what I expected the game to be. Not as bad as what those moronic, stupid SH fanboys claims to be. But I wouldn't spend it above 20 bucks.

I'm gonna just get Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush.

6. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    At those prices, just get a year of ps+.

7. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    You also get wipe out 2024 for free! Only if I had 32gb

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Just wondering what everyone else who owns a Vita feels about Project Shield I know it's not a real product yet but it might just be a real competitor. Killer feature's would have to be the PC game streaming, Micro SD, full Android and of course the Tegra 4.

I'm a bit conflicted now I admit, hopefully it will make Sony up their game it's really about time they did.

9. MicroByte

My interest in the Sield is piqued, but it all hinges on the price of the unit itself. If its cheap enough with decent developer backing, it could be pretty good.

Still, love my Vita for what it is and could see myself going to the shield as well.

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I am also interested in the shield, however not completely set on whether I will buy it or not. Price is a huge factor, plus the fact that I will want to get a bit more powerful pc to be able to stream a bit more high end Steam games to the shield.

That's just gonna drive up the cost for me.

11. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Not really interested in the Shield. The main draw is streaming games from your PC, but there are a few cons- you cannot stream games from your PC unless you have a high end Nvidia graphics card, and you also cannot stream games from your PC if you aren't on the same WiFi network as the PC- so no playing AC III on your shield when you're on a train, or at a Starbucks, or wherever else you might go besides your home. Kind like a Wii U controller, except it runs Android and will cost a lot more, minus the cool functionality.

Without PC streaming, it's essentially just a funky Android device, and the screen doesn't look like it would be the easiest to use for games that require it exclusively, mainly due to the angle it reclines to. Sure, it will get some cool Tegra 4 exclusive games, but you will also be able to get those on Tegra 4 phones when they release, and if Tegrazone is anything like it is now, it will be underutilized by developers.

It's pretty much nothing more than an over glorified peripheral for your high end Nvidia PC, unfortunately. That, and it just seems like a bad move on Nvidia's part. Think about it- it's a niche device (handheld device with the main purpose of streaming Nvidia powered PC games) within a market considered niche (dedicated handhelds like the 3DS and Vita). So essentially, it's a slice within a slice. Dedicated handhelds have at least some mass market appeal. This has a lot less. Honestly can't see it selling too well, especially when you think about how expensive it will probably be.

Also not a big fan of the design. Thing sure is ugly.

12. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah I think I feel the same way I can't see Project shield ever going anywhere with it's current limitations I'll probably look at it again if it ever becomes a real product.

13. The Shield plays Android games and streams PC games. I don't think any Vita owner should be worried about it being a competitor. Now that Pokemon X and Y have been announced for the 3DS though...

14. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Kind of getting time for Sony to announce another batch of (big) Vita games?

15. Nothing will come even close to MH4 and Pokemon, unfortunately. This year will not end well for the Vita if Sony doesn't step its game up with Vita announcements.

16. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    GTA would work so would Gran turismo, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, God of War and any good FPS would do wonders I'm hoping Killzone is decent.

17. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I'm thinking Soul Sacrifice will be their Vita seller, in Japan at least. Everything I've heard about it has been incredibly positive- people who have played the demo have ranted and raved about how awesome the game is, and journalists playing it have done the same. It also introduces fresh new gameplay concepts and ideas that build on the Monster Hunter formula, without ripping off Monster Hunter, but evolving it.

Provided Sony markets it well, and it reviews well, it should be successful. Especially with someone with Keiji Inafune attached to the project. If everything goes well, Sony might have a big, new franchise on their hands.

18. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    As much as I love it and believe it to be a vastly superior device than the 3DS (which I also own), I think the Vita has lost its momentum and things will go downhill for it from now on. I'm afraid not even a PROPER (=non-Nihilistic quality) GTA would be enough to save it.

19. MicroByte

So did anyone else get Earth Defense Force? I had never played any of the past series games, but watch some video's and it looked like a lot of fun. Sure enough, I stayed up way too late playing it last night...

It reminds me somewhat of futuristic Dynasty Warriors somewhat with large numbers of enemies and chaos going off all around.