N.O.V.A. 3 Storage Space

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bigw77, May 14, 2012.

1. Bigw77

Bigw77 New Member

May 14, 2012
    So I recently freed up 3.5 GB of storage on my Iphone 4 and wanted to download the N.O.V.A. 3 app, but when I attempt to do so it tells me that I do not have enough storage space on my phone. The app is supposed to be about 1.5 GB so I don't really know whats going on. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Wrong forum, but...

Nova 3 is 1.57 GB compressed. However, the compressed size is only useful when you want to know how much space it will take up on your computer.

Nova 3 is about 1.95 GB decompressed, which is (obviously) still less than 3.5 GB. However, when you download an app from the app store directly onto your iPhone, you're downloading the compressed file. It is then decompressed on your device. This can only be done while the compressed file is still on your iPhone, which basically means that you need a lot more storage (essentially, you need 1.95 GB + 1.57 GB... and maybe a little extra).

My advice is to download it onto your computer and then install it that way :) Otherwise, you'll need to free up about 4 GB on your phone.

3. Bigw77

Bigw77 New Member

May 14, 2012
    Thanks! sorry for posting in the wrong forum