Having trouble with Baseball Sluggers 3D

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blunted247, Jun 25, 2009.

1. blunted247

blunted247 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Gotta start off by saying I love this site, and ya'll seem to be building quite the Iphone gaming community here.

Couple of quick questions about Baseball Sluggers 3D.

1. Has anyone else had issues connecting to the multiplayer? I can just never connect. I get a "Server connection error" EVERY time I try connecting. I have tried 3G and Wifi and neither work, but all my other online enabled apps are working fine.

2. How do you unlock the ability to purchase new equipment/clothing? I only got the game yesterday so I have roughly 350 gold balls. But whenever I go into the "store" to purchase new equipment, EVERY item is locked. Do the items unlock as you earn enough gold balls? Is 350 gold balls not enough to purchase even the lowest rated upgrades?

3. I have found the spot where you can see your record and current homeruin totals, but is there not a place where you can see your current ACCUMULATED score? Some of the achievements are for very high scores, so I am assuming that they are not all expected to done in a single session.

Thanks in advance.

2. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    You need to double click them, and buy them. It's a store, not unlockables. That should answer your question :).

3. blunted247

Jun 25, 2009
    In my version they are all "locked". They have an image of a padlock on EVERY item!

4. #4 THE STUD, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
    Wrong section btw but here goes-Edit been moved

1- I have no idea sorry...I sometimes get kicked off a game whilst playing with it saying bad connection even tho i know that's not the case and some other players have this problem as well

2- To purchase items just click on whatever you want even tho locked and it will tell you how many gold balls it requires to purchase that item...Click on item again and it will say do you want to purchase item for x amount of balls..Y or N...Click yes and it's yours

3- The first figure in your records is your best score and the figure on the right of that is your accumulated score...Ie Homerun 56/6156 called hr 5/179 crash 19/1672 pole hit 4/207 cycling 7/565 ...So in this example for homerun say the 56 is your best score and the 6156 is your accumulated score...Hope this helps a bit...Good Luck

5. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Yes, I know. Click on them twice, and a screen will pop up asking if you want to buy it or not for this price. Say yes, and it will be "unlocked".

6. blunted247

Jun 25, 2009

Yeah sorry about the sections, like I said first time poster, I did sort of realize that after and posted it in what I assume is the appropriate forum, but couldn't figure out how to just move this post over!

1. Thanks for the info. I just wish I could get so far as to experience disconnects!! I can't even connect at all!

2. Awesome I will try that next time I play the game. I never bothered clicking on anything in there cause they were all padlocked!

3. Once again thanks, for the info, but my question was geared specifically to accumulated score/points. I see the homers, polls, combos, etc. But nothing showing accumulated points. And if I remeber correctly some of the achievements are tied to accumulated points, so it would just be nice to see how close you are to hitting any score/points milestones.

Thanks.

7. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    What do you mean by accumulated points? Your winpoints or your arcade mode and classic mode highscores?

Oh and the disconnections are due to either low WiFi connections, and I would think that 3G would be a little choppy.

8. blunted247

Jun 25, 2009
    When you play classic or arcade mode you score points. I am noticing some of the achievements are based on point totals. For example one of them is for 100,000 points. I was assuming that that would mean 100,000 total accumulated points, or did that mean 100,000 in a single game? If so then I really need to practice some more!!

As for the connection issues, it is not disconnections. I can't even get connected to disconnect!! Everytime I click on "matchup" it attempts to connect to the server and gives me a network connection error.

10. Pl0cks

Pl0cks Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    California
    Is your version cracked? Because when I had the cracked version it did the same thing to me, but when I got a legit version from the app store it stopped and I was able to connect on the same Wifi network.

11. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I am not sure if this has been asked yet; I've read through 20 pages or so and didn't see it.
    What is cycling? Sometimes I am getting bonus points for Cycling! and I dont know what it is. Thanks

12. kokumutt

kokumutt New Member

May 19, 2009
    Hi,

I've been visiting this forum for a few months and am coming out of lurkdom to ask - any tips for this game with regards to aim and timing of bat's swing? I see the little white "box" (looks more like a wedge to me), but can't figure out how that is really supposed to help me. All I do is use my judgment for when to swing (when it "feels" right - not very successful at that), and don't really tilt unless I'm supposed to be aiming right or left for cycling (about 50/50 success). Am I supposed to swing when the ball is close to the white box, or inside it... or what?

Sorry for the very stupid question, but I haven't found the in-game help to be very informative on this, so I'd love it if someone could give me some insight about what it is I'm supposed to be doing! :) Thanks -

13. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States

Cycling is a bonus you get for hitting a homerun in every direction
    right center and left

14. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    That little white box is suppose to be a representation of where the end of your bat would reach/swing. You want to get the white box right where the ball is being thrown at. And swing at the same time the ball gets close enough.

Tilting affects the direction of where the ball goes? I thought it depended on if you swung early/late to control it left/right?....but if tilting works? That would be pretty helpful.

15. kokumutt

kokumutt New Member

May 19, 2009
    Ohhhh, that might actually make that white box helpful. Like raising / lowering the bat? I'll try that - thanks.

As for your question, I've noticed that if I tilt the phone slightly in the direction opposite of what I am asked to hit, it seems to help to make it happen. Whenever I swing too early or late I seem to just end up with a foul ball.

16. BryanSanDiego

BryanSanDiego Active Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Professional Student
    Murrieta, CA
    Cracked Application?

[​IMG]
    Yes, this application logs UIDS. It states this in the display before you enter Online Multiplayer Mode.

Please purchase the real version in order to connect to online multiplayer. If you have purchased a real version please contact their support department at Com2uS.com and they will reset your UID on their end. you may also do this if you would like your online name and player linked to your identifier to be reset. It may also be a router configuration issue although you stated that it does not work over any for of network connection. This leads me to believe it has been flagged on the end of the developer. I really recommend that if you are running a cracked version that you upgrade to the legit thing it is worth the money and the developer deserves it. JUST MY TWO CENTS!!

-Bryan