Sensei Evan

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by OzzY, Dec 31, 2009.

1. OzzY

OzzY Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Student
    Serbia
    Here you can see pic's of Sensei Evan. First two are from Ep. 3 (v 1.20), and other two are from Ep. 3.5 (v 1.25).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS: As you can see (on 3rd and 4th pic) Evan is on snow terrain, but... You cannot play with Sensei Evan on snow map, this is MOD, I modified TEXTURES only so I can play snow map with all characters, also I modified bushes, rocks and trees, since the same textures were used for both maps (snowy and not-snowy one).

Attached Files:

2. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
  3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Nice! It's gonna be a while for me to gain that many kills still...

4. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    What happened to the sweet crossbone shades in the second set of pics?

5. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Does Evan have sounds? I hate it that not all characters say something... it's part of the game for me :p

6. OzzY

OzzY Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Student
    Serbia
    They changed it obviously (it's not me). It's better that way because he looks different than common Evan. First version of Sensei Evan looked same as Evan, but the beard was only difference.

No, he doesn't have sounds. :-(

7. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    I'll better save the kills for some other characters (let's hope some omre characters WITH sound appear in future!)

Would be nice if Sensei Evan had a Yoda-type of language :D

8. Dan007

Dan007 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Russia
    Or a Jamaican accent )))))

9. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I unlocked Santa gore last night. All I learn is unlocking the upper chars gives you nothing but a new skin. Pretty
    much environear is the only char with any upgrades AMA new atrbutes. Go.

I'm burnt out on minigore will look for somthing else to play till next update I think. Have a great 2010 minigore fans
    chris.

10. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Minigore dev diary

Here's a closer look at Evan Hsu and Sensei Evan models:

[​IMG]

(for artists out there it's 3ds Max viewport of the ingame model)

Next speaking characters will be Evan Hsu and Egoraptor himself. (Egoraptor is doing the voice for both)

Many models and textures have received small tweaks here and there ever since Episode 1. Don't know how many people noticed but I've changed the ground texture quite a bit since then:

[​IMG]

Enviro-bear was the first one to receive shotgun as a custom ability in Episode 3.5. We're looking at the feedback to decide how we should do customization for other characters. Dual wielded machine guns was one cool suggestion for Sensei Evan's default weapons.

Optimally I would like to have a switch in the menu that allows you to play them as visual skins OR with custom abilities. I don't really like the idea of 12 different leaderboards but at least that way there would still be one main leaderboard that accepts all characters. (custom abilities turned off)

Another difficult thing with dozen characters is testing them all and making sure they don't break the game.

Everything was tweaked for specific firing rate, single running speed and still people found a way to exploit the gameplay before Episode 3. It's easy to break the game by tweaking the attributes too much. Make one character just a bit too fast and the furries can't catch you at all. Make the change too small and no one will notice it's different etc.

11. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    #11 sid187, Jan 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
    keep up the good work. :)

for the leader board just keep it. normal.. and teh other with the weapons maybe? that would leave two leader boards much better idea than one for every single char. the one thing iv noticed regardless of who im using.. be it envirbear, or the guy in this thread. i always average around 8k. and die soon after. so different leader boards would not effect my score. dunno what it is around 8k. heh

chris.

12. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    what if the ninja was faster but threw ninja stars at a slower rate?

13. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida

You could just make 2, one for regular and one for custom abilities, also dual machine guns sound awesome

14. #14 Tocarina, Jan 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010

Oh yes, Timo is back! We need a post in the Hardgore thread...
    Is that John's daughter in the pic?