Should I convert my Android game to iOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Lycurgus, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Lycurgus

Lycurgus New Member

Aug 23, 2014
    #1 Lycurgus, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    Hi all,
    I write to you to ask your help about a question.
    Years ago I have created a little puzzle game for Android (you can find the lite version here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_borriello.SwapBW_lite&hl=en
    ).
    I didn't become rich but i enjoyed myself to do it.

Time goes by (marriage, new work, a baby:) ) and now I'm thinking to make the big jump to iOS (adding additional game mode) but I'm not able to develop in Object-C (and i don't have the time to learn it...) so i should find a "partner" and give him image, logic and algorithms to create the iOS version.

Now the question is: based on your experience, it isn't worth the candle?
    Should I spend time and money or there are to many puzzle games for iOS and it will lose as a drop in the ocean?

(sorry for my English, I'm italian).

Thank you all!

2. derpymcflurry

derpymcflurry Member

Aug 7, 2014
    How many people have downloaded your game? Based on that, you can consider if you're going to port it or not.

3. Toneaphone

Toneaphone Active Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well if you find a partner, make sure to give them an NDA before you provide everything. Also, you want to weigh cost and feasibility before making a move. There are literally over a million apps out there, and in order to make it worthwhile, much will be required of you.

4. EvilArev

EvilArev Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Yes, your app will drown in the ocean and no, you will not become rich either.
    I think you'll spend your time more effectively by creating a new game.