iPhone Ticket to Ride - (by the devs of 'Small World for iPad')

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 17, 2011.

1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Just curious, does anyone know if it's possible to reset your multiplayer stats. I was really bad at first and also had a few players take me to the bank. Now it's impossible for me to improve my ranking to a respectable number.

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Major update coming for Ticket to Ride. It's going to finally include async gameplay. This is my favorite iOS board game. Check it out here: http://www.pockettactics.com/

3. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Update out in Australia. ALL MAPS, including India, for $7.99AUD. Brilliant

4. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    I bought both the USA and Europe version in the past. But now I have to buy Europe AGAIN????

5. eugenemcardle

May 21, 2013
    You don't have to, it's not compulsory to by the entire pack for less than the price of any individual map. Think of it as getting India, Asia, Switzerland, and the extra USA maps, all for the price of one instead of moaning that you have to buy Europe again because it is included in the pack.

6. bgkoh

bgkoh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Notice that this is also universal.
    In that case, what is the difference between this and Ticket to Ride Pocket?

They both have iAPs, are they compatible?
    and it says cross platform, can I play with my friends on Android? How does that work as they have no GameCenter?

7. eugenemcardle

May 21, 2013
    The screen resolution changes to suit the iPhone/iPad, also portrait is used for maps such as India. Re the cross platform, I assume it doesn't use Game Centre for that

8. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Universal update and cross-platform internet play BUT I purchased the whole complete pack in iphone - 10,00euros and when I tried to restore purchases in ipad, it didn't do anything and it requires to buy the complete pack for 4,99. I had USA and Europe maps only. So this universal thing form what I understand is not compatible with the maps too !!!! How sad to ask again for money!! It's the same map but a little larger! Oh GOD! Can anyone confirm it too as well in iphone and ipad ??

9. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #349 klink, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    This is really messy business because Apple doesn't provide a way to combine two non-universal apps. It looks like the iPad app became the new universal app. The iPhone app is still an iPhone only app. You should have bought the complete pack on the iPad version and then downloaded it on your iPhone. I would request a refund from iTunes and then switch it around.

Here's a FAQ outlining it:
    http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/msg/?goto=334475#msg_334475

10. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ok thanks! I will try to do it as you said.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Call me a freaky dweeb (no really, I'll wait), but I'm loving how they fixed the HoF to now have separate entries not just for each map/game mode, but a separate tab based on number of players (it is pretty unlikely your top score from a 5 player game could ever rival even a mediocre 2 player game score).

12. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Well you are Lord Geek. :) This is really an excellent game. I hope this update entices people to give it a look.

13. Slochy

Slochy Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Something didn't add up here. I got the Pocket version on my iPad which offered me the full complete package for 9,99 Euros. I purchased that package because I was lead to believe it included the new UI and stuff of the fresh Universal app. Turned out: It didn't. It only provided me with the map packs, everything else was still the blurry Pocket UI. So I had to buy the "new" digital version for 4,99€, too, and THEN everything updated as expected. Surely this can't be right now, can it? It specifically told me the upgrade for 9,99€ included everything. Should I initiate a refund or did I simply get something wrong with the description?

14. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #354 Dailon80, Nov 19, 2015
    My purchases are not restoring on the pocket version and I had USA Europe and Swiss nothing is happening when I hit restore purchases and sorry but I'm
    Not buying that new app even though this is my fav board game on the App Store so f it I'm just done with this game and will move on. And by the way to anyone that likes trains go and download Paris Metro Simulator it's an excellent sim and allows you to drive the trains from several lines of the Paris metro and it's super awesome. Sorry for my ranting post but this is too damn confusing and I'm not gonna blame Apple like they want me to f that. Sick of it always being apples fault it's a cop out for most. Oh and let me explain why I don't blame Apple I was lied to as I was under the belief that I could restore my purchase ie Europe And Swiss and it isn't true I'm already seeing the one star rating for the update to pocket and others are complaining of the same thing so it's not just me! And it's not just Apple. on the lied to part maybe I read it wrong but either way we just got Zodiaced my new term for dev rip offs as zodiac is one the biggest let downs in Apple gaming history when you add the hype factor in.
    Criticize me all you like it's my opinion and my money and I'm out.

15. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #355 klink, Nov 19, 2015
    No ones blaming Apple they are simply stating a fact that you can't not combine two apps into one in the app store. This problem is common with older apps where there are separate iPhone and iPad versions and now the developer wants to create a single universal app.

There's a whole thread on it in the Apple developers forum.
    https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/15687

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I get that but why can't players simply restore their purchase for stuff they already bought on the pocket version. The new version should have been free for one day simply so older players of the game could snap it up and it would only be one day and if you didn't get it tough. Otherwise it makes no sense to have to repurchase just look at the App Store reviews on the pocket version and tell me a good decision was made.
    Now all I can play is USA and I live there but can't stand the USA version prefer Europe and Swiss which I already paid for and now I can't play either. I'm done no need to press it further this game is nothing to me now I will move along.

17. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Sounds like you think Europe and Swiss maps were an IAP in the TTR Pocket app, but they weren't. They were in the standalone Ticket to Ride Europe Pocket app, which the devs had to retire. Apple doesn't have a way for them to merge Pocket and Europe Pocket, so your purchase of one app can't be used to restore purchases in another.

You can still download Europe Pocket from your purchase history. It's not lost - it just won't have the new features or Universal-ness.

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #358 Dailon80, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Thanks for clearing it up long day for me so I wasn't in the best of moods trying to figure this out. My apologies for being an arse still think it's a bad idea and I think allowing it to be free for a day for those of us that have spent money on the game already would've been proper. Best part is Europe is still in my purchase history and I will just play it and be satisfied. And the new version being free for a day could've gotten a lot of new people on it or whatever. I don't mind buying games as a matter of fact I'm already buying more than I should :) so buying any game again even its my fav ever isn't gonna happen.

19. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I guess I should have posted that I bought the game which somehow always invokes a price drop the next day. Crazy coincedence or bad luck? :)

20. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    New update crashes on iPad at the final score tally every time (Pennsylvania Map).