Vicious looking ”WEREWOLF” game - looking for feedback!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MacDaddy, Apr 11, 2011.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Hi Guys! I’m very excited to announce our next game which carry the working title: ”Beast Within” - for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.

The game is a 3rd person stealth action game where you take on the role of a young boy who is turning into a werewolf.

You are in search of your lost brother, being chased by a clan of werewolves. As you progress through the game, the beast within you grows stronger and you gain unique wolf senses. You must use the curse to your advantage if you are to take on the Clan.

I’ll let our concept art speak for itself. It is still very early in the process, but the sooner we get your guys' feedback, the more likely it will be implemented in the final product – so fire away!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comment please! :)

2. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Looks really cool! Would elaborate please on the gameplay, what exactly do you mean by stealth action game?

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The artwork is excellent (presumably for cut scenes). It conveys a real mood / atmosphere. I also like the story premise about the boy becoming a werewolf during the game.

...subscribing to this thread to monitor your updates.

4. AppsAsia

AppsAsia Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    concept art looks great! got any screenshots of the actual game?

5. ChuckMe

ChuckMe Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Australia
    looks amazing. Whoever is the artist has some serious talent.

6. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009
    You play a predator stalking other predators, you must use your wolf senses to sneak up on your enemies through the shadows and taking them out without too much noise :) Using your cool Wolf senses and sneaking is a big part of the game :)

7. phazer89

phazer89 Well-Known Member

Nice artwork, this seems like a game which will have awesome graphics. XD

8. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    That artwork is amazing!It really conveys an atmosphere.
    The game sounds really interesting. I like what I hear. I hope the game delivers.

9. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    Kudos for the artist! Great concept art! It almost seems like a prequel of the story. With this boy from normal family to somehow being raised by group of werewolf.(?)

I'm still not sure about the gameplay since there's no screenshot or gameplay of the game itself but it seems interesting.

10. omgireach4

omgireach4 Active Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Dentist
    Indonesia
    You are in search of your lost brother, being chased by a clan of werewolves. As you progress through the game, the beast within you grows stronger and you gain unique wolf senses. You must use the curse to your advantage if you are to take on the Clan.
    Pretty greathahaha :D love the story!

11. Cmdr_Overscore

Cmdr_Overscore Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    I like the lighting and general style a lot. It doesn't look like hardcore horror, which is good. It'd be weird if the main character, a cute kid was caught up in gruesome action, so I like the way this is shaping up...:eek:

Because it's a werewolf stealth game, you've gotta have instinct effects that are both visual and gameplay affecting. They might be stuff like adrenalin rush, where time slows down, you run fast etc., infrared sight, heart monitor vision and heavy breathing over the top :D

12. spicesalsa21

spicesalsa21 Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Brilliant artwork :) More info about the game please

13. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Werewolves... The game could be affected by the phases of the moon...umm, hang on, that sounds familiar!!!

14. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009
    You are on to something here ;)

15. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    lol much :D:D It might be cliché but it's part of the werewolf legend.
    ...and um, how familiar?

Thanks! :D

16. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    That is some beautiful artwork right there! If your game looks anything remotely close to that and has decent controls + content (looks like theme and stuff is down) you guys are gold!!

17. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Just joking that it's "Sword and Sworcery" familiar, as that game is based on the stages of the moon.

'Howling' would also be part of the legend. Along with vulnerability to silver.

18. Cmdr_Overscore

Jan 26, 2011
    Oh right :facepalm: I can't believe i forgot the S&S moon thing...

I hope this game has graphics better than dead space or Infinity blade to convey the scariness.
    Howling would really add to the ambience I think. I was thinking super howl as a power up but thats not really realistic. Still...

I can just imagine these guys chilling with silver anti werewolf bling. :cool:

19. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    The artwork is amazing!!!

20. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    What engine are you guys using for this game?