About Love, Hate and the other ones - (by Black Pants Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Oct 23, 2012.

1. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #61 farley, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    Argh! I was having so much fun with this game and I just suddenly hit a brick wall on level 11! :confused:
    I've been stuck on this level for ages, but I just can't figure out what to do!
    Someone please help? :(

I'm having a great deal of trouble figuring out the logic of this game, when it appears to me that the logic is flawed. Please correct me if the following scenario is logical?
    (Please view the attachment screenshots below.)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    digitalhoax,

I, too, came across this "glitch" reported by farley. I was able to derive another alternate solution that did not have to make use of this glitchy behavior to solve the level.

Still, it leaves me puzzled as to why you cannot "program" the behavior to avoid this problem entirely. Can you advise? Are there other levels you came across that has this ambiguous behavior?

So far, I am enjoying the game very much. This is a very clever take on the "push the crate" type puzzles. Very neat mechanics and clever solutions for many levels, but not too taxing as to frustrate the gamer. Nicely balanced levels. Great artwork. Lots of whimsy.

3. digitalhoax

digitalhoax Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Glad you enjoy the game. The glitch does not affect gameplay in a bad way, worst that can happen is it gives you more possible moves, which isn't bad at all.

As it seems as if this does confuse some, I might just remove this behaviour. There is only one level I can think of, that actually is easier to solve if this trick is used. So no worries about it affecting gameplay.

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks for your reply, digitalhoax.

There is another odd behavior that I saw which I cannot explain. I am attaching a screenshot here. In this level, the "pot" would consistently fall ON TOP of "the other one" so that they overlap each other and occupy the same space. Somehow, I don't think this is intended behavior. The game then locks up, as there is no further response of Love or Hate. You cannot even undo the step.

Can you explain?

Also, which is the "only level" in the game that has the other behavior you discussed earlier? Can you tell me the level number?

[​IMG]

5. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    Seems as if there is a bug in the latest version, we will fix it in the next update, sorry for the inconvenience. There is one level in the latest update (levels 60 - 70) that is harder to finish without using the glitch described in the other post, but all levels are designed to work without using the glitch.

Thanks for pointing out the bug, we will submit a bug fix and probably some more levels soon.

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    More levels? I was hoping there were no updates planned - I'm short of space on my phone and was planning to delete this to make some room, but it's so charming and well-crafted that I can't bring myself to do so if there are more levels on the way!

7. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Glad to help.

Thanks for the tip. I will watch out specifically for that level.

I am at the levels with the teleport. Brilliant idea in integrating the teleport as part of the path solution. So many other games use the teleport simply to get from point A and B. You enhanced this rather simple mechanic into a sophisticated one by allowing the teleport to move. This allows for many creative solutions to be made using the teleport as one of the "other ones" building block and opens a level up to different solutions.

8. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    We plan to at least finish the set of 20 levels for the ice/snow setting (currently 10) and then in the next update might have a completely new setting.

I am glad you like it. We hope to get the update out as soon as possible, as this is in fact a rather annoying bug. Thanks again and I hope you can puzzle your way around it ;-)

9. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks, I just finished the game.

Once again, I love how you introduce a totally new mechanic with the last 10 levels (I presumed that it was an update). Some very clever puzzles, but finely tuned so that the game will perplex and challenge the player but not to unduly frustrate the player causing the player to quit prematurely. This is a sign of great puzzle design.

Overall, very satisfying experience. Well worth a buy!

10. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Hey there - just updated today. I was on level 69 last night and planned to finish it today. Now I can go all the way to level 80. Just noticed though that I can now access all levels (ie in my case 69 to 80) so in theory I don't know which I've completed or not. Great game though.

11. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    Sorry for the inconvenience! We have just found that bug ourselfs and even though it shouldbe really easy to fix the update will have to go through review again. Again, sorry for the stupid mistake we made there and thanks for playing the game!

12. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    No probs - just finished 69 - crikey - 64, 68 and 69 were tough. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll remember what I've completed once the update hits. Looking forward to getting through Level 70 this evening.

13. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    You'll probably know as these levels are all rather tough. I am more concerned about players in the earlier stages.

As we have also fixed a bug that kept players with devices pre iOS 5 from playing, those will be able to play again now, so they might even start at the very beginning where this bug is rather irritating.

We have also fixed the "glitches" discussed here, so you won't be able to talk to other ones on top or below the currently selected character :)

14. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    New update fixes the levels being accessible before completion. Many thanks for the quick fix. Now to complete those final 10 levels. Some sort of Game Centre Integration would be great too if it's easily done. Good one.

15. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoy it! Game Center integration is something we have looked into, but haven't figured out what might be a suitable achievement other than finishing a level which is rather lame. Any suggestions?

16. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Just finished the final ten levels today whilst on a long train journey. Really enjoyed it. Some of the final 20 levels are pretty tricky. Great game and yep, I can't think of any decent achievements either but I'm sure some people will have some. Great game. Looking forward to what you so next.

17. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    Glad you enjoyed the game. Further levels and features are in the works.

Looking forward to getting some achievement suggestions! And while you're at it, grab a copy of the iPad version while it is on Sale for .99$ only!

18. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I love the game, is it cloud enabled I kinda wanna keep it on a newer device now

19. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    It is! Syncs between your iPhone and iPad via iCloud. You should try the sync first though in case iCloud hasn't had the chance to sync yet. Progress is saved to the iCloud after finishing a level.

Progress is also synced to the just released Mac version on the Mac App Store! I will be posting a link and maybe some codes later today!

Cheers!