Universal Legendary Wars (By Liv Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Liv Games, Jan 27, 2011.

1. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    After a chat with Liv Games

After the IAP were explained to me by Liv I have rushed to judgement to fast and understand that the game does not need the IAP. In fact I think it's better without them so the game does not get to easy. I was Wong and disregard my pervious comments. One thing holds true in my comments
    And that is FUN GAME.

2. Liv Games

Liv Games Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    anyone mind commenting in the review(on this site) for our game that retina is on the way? Link here if needed.

3. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    paladog is way better then this

4. Sphill

Sphill New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    It's Grrrreeeeeaaattt!!!

Wow, Paladogs? Really? How can you put that game anywhere near the same ball park as Legendary Wars? I had to download it based on Fireball926's recommendation and all I can say is boring. It offers little in excitement of game play, it was completely one dimensional, the only fun I had was in deleting it off my phone.

But anyways, Legendary Wars is amazing! I've been following this game for awile and can't believe it came out as well as it did. I love the animation and art stylings. Game play is fun and unexpected in the way it changes with each level. The rpg elements are near perfect. What more can I say? I'm addicted already.

5. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Thanks for the positive review. Please try to refrien from speaking negatively about other games. We think Paladog is a cute game on it's own.

We are listening to your feedback and love to hear impressions and suggestions which is why were making retina our top priority.

6. Liv Games

Jan 25, 2011
    Founder, CEO Liv Games
    USA
    Thanks! And likewise on the new trenches update. Good stuff.

7. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Since the the comment thread naturally is in the iPhone and not iPad-section, that would happen. :p Well, my point being: get back to work on the iPad or universal version. :D

8. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    *Paladog

9. J.Leson

J.Leson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Retina before ipad!? I'm so happy! Thanks for listening!

10. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    This game has an aesthetic and warmth to it that is nothing short of charming. The animation style reminds me very much of the online game "adventure quest," while the fresh take on hack and slash melded with RTS and a dash of Plants vs. Zombies is all your own.

The graphics are vibrant, lively and fluid. The sounds are suitably "epic" and spot-on. The storyline is light and fast-paced, and the gameplay is deep and varied.

A spectacularly polished and down-right fun game.

11. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    I picked this up due to the glowing review on the TA front page, and once again feel like the TA review has steered me wrong. The game is graphically polished, but the gameplay seems lacking.

Unless I'm missing something, i found the controls not up to the task, the levels really short and basic, and the AI of your army non-existent (thus requiring not only constant micromanagement of every soldier, but also continuous correction of their actions).

The game should include quick formation inputs that allow positioning your entire army into formations based on unit type, the ability to give specific soldier types general rules to follow, a way to deselect a unit after giving a command, etc, etc. While the graphics and animations are nice, the gameplay is too simple and the controls minimize strategy rather than enhance it. Trying to get my units into any kind of strategic formation just felt like a losing battle. I won all the battles I tried, but generally by using less strategy rather than more.

The TA reviewers just really seem to like different games than me. I've bought too many games they seem to love (generally small, simple, indie games like this) that I quickly delete.

12. J.Leson

Nov 27, 2010
    ^

I agree with the formation inputs. Better group control would be greatly appreciated. There's way to much frantic micromanaging, sometimes. But this is still one of my favorite games, so far.

13. pXe

pXe Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Same here, its too much micromanaging for me :(.
    But the sound, art and animations are great, thers even some kind of parallax scrolling.

pXe

14. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Definitely enjoying the game so far :) My one suggestion is maybe some kind of toggle button (maybe I missed someway to do this already???) to make each new spawned troop automatically start moving forward... something simple like an "advance all" button (except for the character you are currently controlling). Or perhaps a flag you can drag around for a rally point?

Other then that, presentation and graphics are especially top notch -- fun game ;)

15. JGary321

JGary321 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Love the game, but I would love an option to have the 'formation' controls on screen at all time. Having to hold down for 1 sec before pushing formation takes too much time in a game of micro management like this.

16. J.Leson

Nov 27, 2010
    Hold down anywhere on the screen and a HUD should show up with advance / retreat / and stop.

17. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    There aren't anywhere near enough formation options. Not even close. Forward, back, and stop don't come close to cutting it.

18. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    LW is slowly climbing up the charts. It is now #192. :)

19. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Thanks... did I miss this in an early part of the instructions screens or something? Definitely is a huge help ;)

20. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    This probably got lost because of the 2 pages or so of the IAP rant, so here:

"Can the load times be fixed, it makes the game nearly unplayable.

Also some other things to fix: The controls are OK, but it seems that so often my units will completely ignore the enemy units, unless I make them attack them, can you add it to where your units will auto attack the nearest enemy unit UNLESS you already have them attackin a enemy.

Also am I missing something, but it seems there is no STOP feature and if I accidentally move one of my units I have to keep moving them back and forth, while still making more units, until I have a large enough army to attack.

Another thing I know your supposed to micromanage your units, but it's tough, having to constentaly mine, and scroll and attack units, I don't think it works, it makes it to much of an inconvenience with the screen space. Could you add a ATTACK ALL option so you can have ALL your units attack a certain enemy?

Other then these things, it's a fun game that has some flaws holding it back."