Football Heroes - (Run Games LLC)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MMarzola, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Two Things (Plus One)

As a backer, I'd like to request two things:

(1) Moar videos and screenshots! Stop being such a tease!

(2) Establish a presence on Google+. Whatever your personal feelings about the network may be, I think you are missing an opportunity to connect with people who might be interested in supporting your project. I really want this game to reach its funding goal. Use Google+ to expand your reach. An added benefit of posting publicly to G+ is that the posts show up in Google search results. So people who search "Football Heroes" on Google will see all of your public posts. You can do it!!

(3) Please allow us "DESIGN YOUR TEAM" backers to create our own team even if you don't reach your funding goal. That is the only reason I backed you at that level. I want my own squad baked into the game :) I'd be bummed if that perk is taken off the table if you don't reach your funding goal.

2. Idiomatic

Idiomatic Member

Sep 9, 2012
    What's the target audience with this one? Is it gonna be too hard for kids?

3. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Sorry about the slow nature of my reply! This is incredible feedback

1 - Yes we need to update with more Screenshots and Footage of the game. We will shoot some more footage this week and put it up on the Kickstarter page.

2 - This week I will spend less time on Twitter and divert some needed attention to Google+. This has been an oversight on my part and it will be remedied!

3 - No need to worry we will figure out a way to get your team in the game, but doing so is much easier for us if we make the Kickstarter, so please help us spread the word!

Football Heroes' Kickstarter

4. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Football Heroes is for EVERYONE! The game has incredible depth for simulation and RPG fans and if you are a casual or younger player the controls are simple enough that anyone can just jump in and punch, throw and run your way to the Endzone.

We have run several playtests on Football Heroes throughout development with younger players, and one of the things that I am most proud of is the way little kids faces light up when they play Football Heroes and kick some serious butt.

5. Idiomatic

Idiomatic Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Shame that more people aren't helping out with your Kickstarter. It's an awesome looking game!

6. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    We are nearly half way to our goal and have 14 days remaining. We believe that if we can get press to coverage we can make our goal. You can help by submitting tips to your favorite game sites and asking them to cover Football Heroes' Kickstarter.

7. astropad

astropad Member

Sep 9, 2012
  8. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
  9. Idiomatic

Idiomatic Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I know it's a touchscreen game but is there gonna be support for ouya down the road? Cuz that would be cool

10. Realm_of_Swords

Realm_of_Swords New Member

Sep 3, 2012
    looks very nice

11. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    We would love to support the Ouya as we feel this game is a perfect fit for the platform. Please write to the Ouya team and tell them you want Football Heroes!

http://www.ouya.tv/about/#contact

12. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    10 DAYS LEFT ON THE KICKSTARTER - need your help

There all only 10 days left and we are at 7,910 of our 12,000 goal. Please check out the Kickstarter page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/980988454/football-heroes

Some cool rewards:

- YOUR TEAM - Name your team and players, use your own ART or we will build a team logo for you. Everyone who plays the game will see your team
    - HELMET - A Football Heroes branded football helmet for you to spear your friends with
    - GAME DEVELOPER FOR A WEEK - We will fly you out and you will join the team for the week and get first hand experience in game development. Help design and implement a feature while you are here and earn a designer and producer credit for the game.

13. mrWalrus

mrWalrus Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    OMG! How am I JUST hearing about this game now? :eek:

Seriously, why hasn't this game been featured on Touch Arcade? The game looks incredible. I mean, tecmo hasn't come through in reviving their franchise.. and it's about time someone made a fun football game for the platform. (I'm sorry, but the 3D Madden games just don't cut it - they are the opposite of fun.)

I just put my money where mouth is- $50 down for Football Heroes!

Good luck getting the rest of the way guys! I can't wait to play this.

14. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for your support Mr Walrus! Looking forward to playing the Beta with you.

15. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Want to be immortalized in the upcoming Football / Brawler / RPG Football Heroes?

We will create a player in your honor or you can even design your very own team: Team Name, City and choose your logo.

Your player and team will be in every copy of Football Heroes :)

Football Heroes!!!

16. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats!!!

I see that Football Heroes has been funded on Kickstarter! Awesome. I have a few questions regarding the beta and my prize (I'm a $100.00 backer). Will you be sending out an email with contact info? I'd rather communicate via email than on this forum :)

I am extremely excited for this game! My expectations are sky-high. Can't wait for the beta...

17. Ryan Dale

Ryan Dale Active Member

May 13, 2011
    Any updates? I'm really looking forward to this.

18. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
  19. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Passed the funding but no news, boring thread.

20. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah the devs have gone pretty quiet and their forum is dead too. One of the devs mentioned on their Football Heroes forum that the iPhone beta should be starting this month (November) followed by the iPad beta (indefinite), then the Android beta (indefinite). We'll see... I don't even care anymore.