Touch DJ #1 APP FOR DJ

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by caubetocdaido, Nov 17, 2009.

1. caubetocdaido

caubetocdaido Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
  2. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #2 Acidbottle, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
    looks sweet as f*ck :D

just needs an option to stream on shoutcast and its a winner fer me! tempted to TOFTT but may wait until payday.

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    wow, looks cool.

4. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    #4 Squirt Reynolds, Nov 17, 2009
    Makers of Noise.io so you know it's a quality music app.

BTW, where's dj flippy?

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

5. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    1. This is not a game.

2. This is in the WRONG category

3. Iv spent over $45 bones on Amido music apps, and it's hit or miss. I have had some serious issues with them, and yeah, I'll buy this, but ive wasted lots o money on half baked apps from him, namely Hex! Ugghh!

Consider yourself warned, I just hope this one is a winner... I have lots of DJ friends who mix at live events with their iPhone/itouch

6. thepoisonivy

thepoisonivy Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Chicago, Illinois
    #6 thepoisonivy, Nov 17, 2009
    this looks amazing! i wanna see a review of this asap! :)

So wait how do you input songs that do not come installed if you cant get music from itunes??

7. franny

franny Active Member

Oct 7, 2009
    nyc
    #7 franny, Nov 17, 2009
    @ thepoisonivy, you need to download companion software, they make PC and Mac versions.

@ Dark NRG, what do your friends use in their sets? Just the iPod function, or particular music apps?

8. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    Say if you mix some tracks together can you then export that mix to your computer?

9. AlvinDj

AlvinDj Well-Known Member

Definitely... DA BOMB ! :D

10. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    at this price - also waiting for reviews !

can you use your own tracks too ?

11. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    @Squirt Reynolds - Oh, I'm here, nice to see ya'! ;)

I'm actually really looking forward to Sonorasaurus, but I'm still thinking about checking this one out, since I adore Noise.io. DARK NRG has me worried, though...

12. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    #12 Dark NRG, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    I'm not sure, but its some of the simpler OSC and DAW controllers, working with Reactor, Rebirth, you know....

Thats why if this actually works (note: simplify download syncs, which they did with their collab with Beatmaker, and the issue that you really need a 3GS, which I just bot a 3G, and have 2 wks to upgrade which I might do), this would be flippin DANK for live mixes... even tho the included tracks sound blah right now.

edit: just saw DJ Flippy. Hey, you know, I've emailed with Amidio quite a bit right after Noise. They fixed a lot of issues, so I'm happy. But that crap with Hex using Jordan Rudess as their selling pitch, well, its worthless to me, and my bottom is percussion. Love IK Media's Groovemaker, but like LOOP, it needs import and the ability to mix to a different "song" (pattern).
    Then you have Amidio's Star Melody and other apps that just don't get updated. I just dont want to have to rely on syncing to get tones/songs, like you do with this new app, but I'm downloading for my 3G as we speak, so I'm a sucka....

13. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    OMG, I just watched the video and it looks like the brand new hotness to me.

14. AmidioInc

AmidioInc Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hi, thanks for the post!

DarkNRG, I did try to reach you about your issues with Hexatone, as I found out you just found no practical use to the app. Many other people did, just read the reviews at the appstore.

I assure you that I'm a musician myself and we never release crap apps, we always aspire for quality & usability. Every our app is targeted at its own audience.

Anyway, DarkNRG, you are welcome to contact me at support AT amidio.com for your personal free promo code.

(To the rest: critisizing our apps isn't generally a way to get free promo codes from us ;))

But, anyway. The 2 month wait is over. Here are the free promocodes:

X3KWARP4XYYY
    FP9YMNW9P667
    3AHEEJW4MAAY

(If you use them - write which one you used and we'd appreciate a review on the appstore from you)

The starter of the thread... caubetocdaido... contact me for your code as well. Cool thread name ;) thanks!

15. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    yeh, BUT read the reviews on the app store. CAN NOT use your itunes songs. :mad:

Most likely will get updated unless there is some "issue" with Apple, and we ALL know Apple is so agreeable...

16. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

man, u just friggin stopped my heart and then it palpitated insane for like half a minute..... i have been a follower of touchdj since u guys announced it and im on cloud 9 right now. thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!1 :D

i used X3KWARP4XYYY

17. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    #17 Dark NRG, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009

WOW thanks dude!!!

OOOPSSS I was checkin my card balance and had the app store page up, and I think i was short on tax, then your message and I saw the codes only (Tunnel Vision;) and quick to the draw since i never get the promo codes in time, and without reading the post, I grabbed FP9YMNW9P667, then went and read the msg :eek: Im embarrased and have egg on my face. Please give my code to someone else, and Thanks AGAIN!!!
    (note: did not see the stuff about Hex for some reason, but I try using it once in a while. I think "zooming" would help,if thats possible. NOISE.IO rocks now!!!)

18. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    THANK YOU SO MUCH I USED 3AHEEJW4MAAY

I will leave a review after significant time spent with it.

19. AmidioInc

AmidioInc Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Okay a couple of more:

FRMANNRY44Y3
    YTWNEP34NH69

It indeed cannot take music from iTunes, because current SDK doesnt allow dual access to the itunes library and pitching files from the library. (So you think we deliberately didn't implement itunes integration? :D:D )

We updated Noise.io a month ago, this time it became MUCH faster (optimization). It is still stuck in review.

We also love You!!! Thanks!!!

20. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    boy, i hope DJFLIPPY gets it, he's great with reviews... :rolleyes: